CFA Candidates in India

Hi folks,

I am a June '13 L1 candidate and curious to know how many Indians are active here in this forum. I heard that the number of CFA candidates in India is huge. Any portion of that active here?

Please do post your educational background when you reply. I’m curious to see what backgrounds Indian CFA candidates come from. I myself am a Chartered Accountant.

Looking forward to your replies. Cheers!

Hi,

I think there is only one other Indian CFA candidate on this forum. Good luck with your CFA studies.

im a ca final candidate form India… completed my CS…completed my grad last year… givin my L1 dec 2012… cheers!!! *PEACE*

Mr-Z, I noticed a few other Indians on a L3 forum later on. They might not have seen this thread yet. Thanks for your wishes! freekguy007, damn, mate. CA, CS and CFA all together? When will you write CA Final?

i have my first ca final attempt next yr may 2013… :slight_smile:

yar im aiming for Indian School of Business MBA or even abroad if i have time… … after CA will go for CPA and most probably FRM to get my quant skills up to the markk. :slight_smile:

… baaki to rab rakha… :slight_smile: *PEACE*

Having CA, CFA, MBA and FRM with no job experience raises serious red flags.

@formertrader of what kind…? plz elaborate… *PEACE*

I will simplify it for you. Here is the priority list of employers:

1. Relevant experience

2. Relevant experience

3. Relevant experience

4. Relevant experience

5. Educational achievements

It’s impossible to have the CFA charter with no job experience.

@iteracom and former trader … im 21 yrs old , i aim to study ful time till 23-24 and then get some job exp… till then ill only want to gain knowledge then kick a** … bte as im doin CA i work as a n audit analyst in a top 15 firm here in india… i specificaly didnt choose big 4s coz the dont give study time… *PEACE*

word

@iteracom… i know man but first i aim to pass the exams.

freakyguy007, whoa! You planning to be an academician or something? I gotta agree with former trader - having so many qualifications might not help you as much as having, say, CA + part CFA + 2 years of experience in your belt.

To each his own, but if it were me, I would seriously consider talking to some more people regarding your career plan. But nevertheless, all the best!

@ca.vs.cfa .i know yaar expirence counts… but now im into articleship… last year left… my aim was to study as much as possible in the articleship tenure… so that i can work effectively after words… no doubt exp is needed the most… but i can only get a proper job when i finish this dreaded articleship… till then only study… the more the better… i hope now u get me. :).

sounds good…had to google articleship lol…good luck

@alladin… articleship is just like internship in my CA charter course… but its soooolong 3 years…

Gotcha. I agree, nothing to do but study till articleship ends.

Your plan is the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

Best wishes in your insurance sales career

@frankz888… i can 100% guarantee that ur the most idle person on the planet earth… possibly in this universe… nothing to do all day execpt stting around the house and commenting of fourms… grow up

This reminds me of the idiom, ‘The pot calling the kettle black’ ! Keep it up.