Four ABSOLUTELY MUST-HAVES for the exam

I should hope by now that everybody taking the exam has read the policies and procedures. However, I know that there are some out there who didn’t. And there are some who will read this and will still mess it up. But hey–at lieast I tried.

When you arrive at the test center, there are four things that you ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE in order to take and pass the test. They are (in no particular order):

• Your exam ticket - printed on clean, unused paper
  • Your passport - It cannot be expired. And no other ID will do (driver’s license, military ID, etc.)
  • Your calculator - it must be either an HP-12C (or one of its iterations) or the TI BA-2 (or one of its iterations). No other calculator will be allowed in the exam.
  • Your pencil (and pen for Level 3) - Make sure it is a #2 pencil. If it is a mechanical pencil, then make sure it is filled with HB lead (not B or 2B or 2H).

Of course, there are other things that you CAN bring with you, like earplugs, candy, or a pencil sharpener. But these four are imperatives. If you have all four of these, then you have a fighting chance of passing the exam. If you don’t, then you might as well sleep in on Saturday morning.

What in the world is HB lead? If I’m filling my mechanical pencil with #2 lead, that should suffice, right?

Your Brain

Your Soul

Oxygen

Neurotransmitters

HB refers to the softness/hardness of the lead. Hard lead=light writing, and vice versa.

The scale goes from 4H (the hardest possible), to 4B (the softest possible). HB is right in the middle, and is the same as a #2 pencil.

By candy I assume they mean any type of sucky sweets? Surely these are very noisy in the exam hall, removing packaging and whatnot?

I find myself getting extremely hungry during the three hour period, particularly during the morning session…would anyone have any advice? As far as I gather the only possible remedies to this are water and sucky sweets?

Thanks in advance,

Heathcliff

So, is #2 the same as 2B?

No, #2 is the same as HB. 2B is different.

~Noted~

Bump, for those taking the exam next week.

ps. make sure the name on the exam ticket is the same as the name in your passport!!!

(super important)

cheat sheet

Terrible advise. Anyone who follows this will get an automatic fail 100% of the time.

Are shoes required?

I think he was kidding.

I’m a big advocate of carrying 2 calculators.

^

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/calculator-in-the-urinal-during-cfa-exam-2013-11

PS: Bring food, i read too many taco bell horror stories.

dont feed the troll…shes been waiting 4 days to say that!

Just check my stationary , I have five 2B pencils :|. Oh, so HB is softer, isn’t it? Ok. Gonna buy two tomorrow. How about an eraser and a sharpener. Are we allowed to bring them with us? Will they provide some water? I am always thirsty when doing practice exams so far.

Yup. I actually had a calculator fail in the morning of L3. Went to Staples on the break and bought another so I had two for the afternoon.

I see people with a screwdriver and batteries but really, that’s a big waste of time. I’m not spending time to fix a battery during an exam. Don’t cheap out. Go buy another calc. It’s like $50. Money well spent considering the time put into this beast.

I just have extra batteries, but 2 calculators seem a bit much to me.