Do you hang your charter in your office?

What’s the verdict on this? I personally think it seems a little insecure to hang it in the office. Like you’re trying to validate your knowledge whenever someone walks in

I do, mainly because when clients walk in the door, I want to be able to show them something that distinguishes me from the guy at Edward Jones.

Lol Edward Jones slam

Nope, mine hung at home. a few people aroudn the office actually have theirs in the orig tube

Mine’s in my office, but not displayed in a really conspicuous way.

I’m thinking about mounting it on top of my cubicle.

I’d probably hang mine up when I get it, why not. My dad has his. MBA and stuff up in his office, it’s just decoration, I don’t think it’s any different to having a pic of your wife and kids, adding some of your personality/touch to the office.

LOL where I work, the charter framed would exceed the height of the cubicle wall. that would be hilarious to see

I don’t have any certifications or degrees mounted on my walls, or anything on my walls for that matter. Think I need some help on interior design here?

I do have a nice couch though, which I curl up on when I’m reading an annual report for a stock that I’m bullish on. It just gives me this warm, fuzzy feeling.

I hang everything in my office: my university diploma, an empty frame that reads “CFA charter in 1 year”, the tusk of the elephant I shot last year and a pic of my 11 inch ****

I don’t like to brag of any of my achievements, so I never put anything.

I have mine up at home. I wouldn’t mind a second for work, as I really like having mine up at my home office and wouldn’t want to relocate it. Every time I go in I remember what I put into that. Having it at work would be nice for the same reasons. A little ego boost to start the day.

I’d hang mine up, but haven’t put forth the time and money for a nice frame. Otherwise, the large one remains in the tube at home for now. The small one is still in its envelope buried in my office.

^Didn’t know there was a small one. What’s that about?

I received it from my local society where they call your name, do the handshake, and take a photo.

how is it any different from handing out your biz card with it on there? I dont think it shows insecurity nor bragging, its just a relevant item to your profession and decoration. I hang it because I have a wall and the people I work with/for respect it for what it is. I would feel stranger having it hung in my home office

New place I’m going, I think I’ll be in a cube but later on, when I get the work experience, the charter and an office again, I’m going to hang up everything from my college/professional career: degree, charter, even a certification I was awarded that has nothing at all to do with finance from before I broke in.

i donated mine to the CFAI hall of fame

^End of thread

Whether your audience is a client or future employer, you need a simple, strong, and polite way of saying " I’m not a fool. I care about knowing what I’m talking about. Hire me"

Amen brotha! I got em all up on the wall. Beats door knocking