Permitted usage of 'passed on first attempts' on resume

I have passed the Level 1 and Level 2 exams.

However, for both exams I registered twice but only attended the exam once due to unforeseen circumstances. So, my history of exam attendance and passes is as follows:

Level 1: Registered, did not attend exam. Then, registered, attended exam and passed

Level 2: Registered, did not attend exam. Then, registered, attended exam and passed

I would please like guidance as to whether I am permitted to state of my resume that I “passed on first attempts”. Although I did register more than once on each level, I only attended the exam once at each level so in that sense I did pass on my first attempts.

I am not asking for opinions on whether I should or should not include this on my resume, I have decided I want to. I am just not certain whether it is a violation or not.

Thank you

This is not a violation. You registered twice but attempted only once for each exam.

douche question. If you want to disclose/brag, disclose/brag the whole thing, you need to write out the whole thing on the resume:

Level 1: Registered, did not attend exam. Then, registered, attended exam and passed

Level 2: Registered, did not attend exam. Then, registered, attended exam and passed

Do you realize that passing these exams qualifies you for - absolutely nothing?

My boss would bitchslap me so hard if I ever bragged about something like this. And I will find you, and transfer that same bitchslap to you if you ever brag about it too.

Slap you?!?! Where are you based?

OP, don’t bother writing that man. I know you studied hard but it ain’t that special mang. That’s like saying you’ve never robbed anyone on your resume. well, okay you’re not supposed to!!! Same with CFA exams, you’re supposed to pass them.

Why did you register and no show two times in a row? Not casting the first stone here, just curious.

Cause he knew he was gonna fail, and he wanted an “undefeated” track record, so he didn’t show. :grin:

Either way this thread is stupid.

I don’t care if you did pass all three on your first attempt (and you didn’t since you registered before, so you’re 2 for 4 in my eyes). You put that on your resume and I’m putting it in the trash. It’s a douchy move. Just my opinion.

i, too, would put the resume in trash if someone wrote they passed the CFA exams in X number of attempts not because it sounds douchey but because my thinking is “this guy/gal thinks passing CFA is a great milestone??? Must be an underachiever”

@cfageist, thanks for responding to my question

Investor’s Confirmation bias?

As mentioned in the original post, I am only interested in whether it is a violation. To that end, I only received one response.

IMO, it is a violation unless you disclose the whole fact pattern, like PistolPt mentioned, it is really 2 for 4 (vs the 2 for 2 you are trying to show)

I’m in Denver - I didn’t even tell anyone I passed at my office. I waited until they asked me. And my boss said she’d buy the team a pizza party to celebrate. That’s the way to do it man. Don’t announce sht, no one cares. But, tell them you passed if they ask, and then eat the pizza.

dood you’re in denver? love that city…well to be specific I like the ski scene of Colorado. My dream is to either win the Powerball and buy myself a gulfstream and a $7m house near Snowmass.

I never had my CFA on my business card or on linkedin file. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed my time studying and proud of it and learned a lot from it. BUT no one in the hedge fund and PE world care about CFA. About almost equal respect as CPA sometimes. Like dog poop and bird poop. One is bigger but still poop. haha

#congrats

Dude, I heard your dad owns a dealership.

#kewl

Yeah bro. Have you seen my new Miata?

You should email the CFA institute and ask them directly, unless you want to cite this thread as evidence that it’s okay if you ever get challenged.

I’m indifferent on the issue.

Registered and did not attend two times in a row but a big man you are .

fun cat: james franco is russian