Does your company reimburse you if you pass CFA Exams?

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering how your companies handle you passing the CFA exams. My old company would reimburse the exam and the study materials, my new one not so much. So I’m wondering how other firms handle the reimbursement situation, although I understand that the firm doesn’t need to reimburse anything at the end of the day.

Like your case, some companies do, some dont. It depends on whether the benefits of having the certificate/knowledge trickles down to the company youre working for.

We get to expense everything. And get a $2,500.00 bonus for passing level 3. Going to blow mine on a diamond encrusted, larger than life, over the top, frame to put the charter in.

that’s best case scenario though.

Same here. Dont get an official bonus but $3K in reimbursements plus a gift from my boss (ferragamo loafers most likely) is pretty chill >:)

My company reimburses, no matter the result. I’m not sure of the reimbursement policy in case of multiple fails.

• a smallish raise for every pass

hook me up with your hiring manager

You guys hiring?

Unfortunately I’m self employed. So, yes and no…

My company pays for everything outright. I took level 2x and paid upfront for materials and exam fees regardless of passing…its a nice perk.

my boss reimbursed 50% of total costs (including third party materials) the year i failed level 2. passing = everything reimbursed + $1,000 bonus (and potential raise/promotion).

Y’all seriously need to get on that corporate Amex level. I even expensed a steak dinner with mine!

I am but a humble analyst, what is this Amex level you speak of?

Pass or fail, my company pays for the registration fees + books but not for any 3rd party study materials. But I’m not sure if they would pay if someone would fail 3-4 times in a row. Then we get a small pay raise and a pat on the back if we pass an exam. I work as a consultant so my company is very supportive since it allows them to bill the client more.

Unfortunately my company won’t give me any major salary increase once I have my Charter so it looks like I’m going to leave pretty soon (if I earn my Charter in the next few weeks).

My boss sent me a lovely surprise.

#Models&Bottles

reimburse cost and you get extra 5 days (not count toward your offical PTO days) to study.

$0.00

Financial or European? Only one ends in a happy ending.

Hey,

got two days off and compensated for everything for first attempt level two. I failed. During 2019 they mentioned if I pass I get compensated. (Manager is out of office so I hope to discuss it once he’s back - I passed this year). Not sure what’s gonna happen with the holidays tho - so far it was from my paid leaves not study leave