How do you retain your CFA memory?

Hi All,

Simple question (I hope). How are you all retaining your CFA memory? I’ve passed CFA I and II but can barely remember anything 2-3 years on. Are there any good newsletters, journals, podcasts etc (apart from the CFA Institute’s) which talk about topics by using the technical lingo? For example, if they talk about corporate finance, then specifically referencing WACC, cost of capital, etc. If they talk about portoflio management then talking about skill vs luck etc. I’m looking for something that essentially exercises those CFA muscles.

Thanks so much.

Check out https://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-general-discussion/91373615

In short, you can only retain things if you use them. If you teach it, you will retain everything. If you do, you will retain what you do.

That’s why I made my own notes for all three levels. So that I can revise it without opening curriculum

you could have a paper listing several concepts and formula (names) you learned. for example: CAPM assumptions, US quoted t-bill rate, macaulay duration, swap rate, WACC, butterfly spread, etc, etc. don’t write the actual formula, just the name of the formula you want to remember. every so often (such as every other day, every week, etc), try to remember all the formulas and all the definitions written in the paper without looking at your notes. this forces your brain to constantly recall the information and not discard it away.

How do I retain what in the who now??? :roll_eyes: :woozy_face: :crazy_face: