Sign up  |  Log in

Enjoy your job?

How many of you actually like what you do?

Not the promise of what is to come through possible promotion or bonus, but what you actually do now; and could not picture yourself doing anything else.

A clear and personalized study plan is here! Schweser's upgraded content and redesigned study platform are exactly what you need to pass the Level I exam. Save 10% when you preorder a Premium Package for a limited time.

Yes.

Hell no.

Yes, except perhaps for that ‘could not picture yourself …’ thing. What about you, hh?

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. (The valley of Fear [1914], Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

only somewhat

hate mine

Love my job….just looking for a different geography!

loved my job before, however, now, aspiring for something better.

love it (buyside, equities). Will keep doing it. If I change anything, it will be to break out on my own.

I enjoy my position and am very happy in general.

I’d like to make enough money someday to come back to this lifestyle,
which I am privileged to have for only another 2 short years.

Nope, thats why im studying for the exam. Open up more possiblities to do some meaningful work

Used to be able to tolerate it, now I don’t care for it (bo).

"Ask me how to clean the Shewee"

Love it. Sometimes I wouldn’t mind a change of geography, but for now I’m very happy where I’m at.

Pretty much wasting my time here. Can’t wait to get promoted or leave… Where are you August 19th?!

bromion Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Pretty much wasting my time here. Can’t wait to
> get promoted or leave… Where are you August
> 19th?!

word

Not to be a pessimist, but these days, your completion of whatever level of CFA you did in June won’t mean **** to employers

Yes it will

Nope…. Need to leave soon….

Yes. As for “could not picture yourself doing anything else.”

I would much rather be in the NBA or a F1 driver…sitting behind a desk is ok, but come on…not doing anything else? Who wouldn’t want to be a double agent, James Bond gets a ton of chicks.

No. Job is getting mundane, some of the people I work with leave a lot to be desired.

I love about 90% of it, but the other 10% is so bad that it’s driving me nuts. Luckily I am only here till the end of the month, then its sweet freedom.

anyone else noticing a pattern where its interesting in the beginning due to the simple fact that you don’t know what you are doing and need to learn/ develop skills, etc. Then, a year later once you’ve mastered it, it gets mundane really quickly?? Maybe its because my roles so far have involved repetitive monkey work, but I really hope I eventually find something rewarding in the long term.

Most jobs involve repetitive monkey work, especially in the financial services industry. I was talking to my boss the other day – top 2 MBA / CFA / 20 years of experience / Director of Research. He feels that even his job is fairly mundane and involves a lot of monkey work. Go figure.

CFA L1 didn’t do squat for me.

Turkish Wrote:
——————————————————-
>Who wouldn’t want
> to be a double agent, James Bond gets a ton of
> chicks.

Actually, despite the glamour stories, spies need to be relatively inconspicuous. Be too much of a head-turner, and too many eyes start watching you when you don’t want them to.

You want a quote?  Haven’t I written enough already???

bromion Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Most jobs involve repetitive monkey work,
> especially in the financial services industry. I
> was talking to my boss the other day – top 2 MBA
> / CFA / 20 years of experience / Director of
> Research. He feels that even his job is fairly
> mundane and involves a lot of monkey work. Go
> figure.

Thats why I always wonder about the consulting industry- seems like you may get a little variety working on different projects and such.

i like my job but would like to be a stay-at-home dad in the future. that means that once i have kids, i am going to stay at home (though working from home is also acceptable if the time commitment is insubstantial). now to find a wife who’ll support me…

Turkish Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Yes. As for “could not picture yourself doing
> anything else.”
>
> I would much rather be in the NBA or a F1
> driver…sitting behind a desk is ok, but come
> on…not doing anything else? Who wouldn’t want
> to be a double agent, James Bond gets a ton of
> chicks.

I’d settle for being The Dark Knight. Superhero with lots of money!~

i love my job, even with the market tanking and clients *****ing left and right.

XSellSide Wrote:
——————————————————-
> No. Job is getting mundane, some of the people I
> work with leave a lot to be desired.

I hear you! I generally like the work, but it is a REALLY DULL office…

I like the job enough, but I really want to leave California and move to Russia ASAP. Enough of the easy life and linear career path.