"Casual" interview attire...

Hey Guys, I have an interview coming up where HR notes that casual dress is the norm and acceptable and it is fine to dress comfortably. Kind of a pity that I bought fairly nice clothes in anticipation of something different, but no problem. This is prop trading, BTW- Just to paint a good picture. If it was up to me, I would wear a suit, but I would probably be the only one in the whole place with one on. Would it be acceptable if I wore dress shoes, navy dress pants, dress shirt but no tie or sportscoat? Is that still too much from the description? I am not the “Khaki/Polo” type of guy. What would you recommend? Thanks for the help

Wear a suit.

pinstripes, faint, navy blue suit. white button down, starched crisp. no tie. just an idea

You don’t need to wear a suit for a prop trading gig. this isn’t a sell side interview.

walk in like this, you will be the money http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040802/040802_badguys_vmed_4p.widec.jpg

I would still wear a suit.

Definitely wear a suit.

better to err on the safe side and wear a suit than not

suit/ no tie

Wear a suit.

If you want to get more casual, you could wear a lighter suit, such as tan or grey for the inteview, but definitely wear one.

You need to NOT wear a suit. It is prop trading.

I guess one of my concerns is overdressing my interviewer, which I read is a big no-no. Plus, I will be nervous enough without worrying about my dress. I see there are still stark differences of opinions being made. Guess I had another idea in which I dress professionally on the bottom half and simply wear a casual coat on the top, since it will be a cool morning. Still, more advice is welcomed. Also, while I am at it, the one thing I do not really have is a briefcase/laptop bag, etc. I don’t want to go all out yet and get a Tumi. What other options do I have? I will only have the job ad, a few resumes, train ticks, etc with me. Is a folder OK?

wear a suit, when they ask why you wore one, joke and say you just bought the thing and need to make sure it fit…or that you at least wanted to wear it once… etc…

i would probably wear a suit sans a tie. its an interview afterall.

I would say no suit but wear a tie, I had a similar casual interview for my 3rd round coming out of undergrad. Better to be slightly overdressed I think.

WEAR a Suit

WEAR a Suit

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would say no suit but wear a tie, I had a > similar casual interview for my 3rd round coming > out of undergrad. Better to be slightly > overdressed I think. Tie with no suit…haha…funny light hearted joke to start my day

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would say no suit but wear a tie, I had a > similar casual interview for my 3rd round coming > out of undergrad. Better to be slightly > overdressed I think. were you interviewing to sell used cars? did you wear a short sleeved shirt, too?