Perks of your job

List the field you work in (for comparison) and some of your favorite perks Corporate Finance (Treasury) 1. Onsite gym w/ sports complex, cafeteria, dry cleaners, bank, and park w/ koi pond 2. WSJ subscription 3. Bloomberg Terminal w/ Bloomberg Mag subscription 4. Free fancy lunches, dinners, tickets, wine tasting and other events when getting courted by the major investment banks. 5. Full reimbursement for CFA & study guides 6. 40 hr work week

Downside is only location of soul.

My favorite perks… (1) Nearly fully stocked fridge (2) Gym membership reimbursement (3) Pretty flexible telecommuting/remote access policy (4) Getting invited to events and nice meals with bankers (5) I get to work with people with similar personalities and work ethic as myself

whats corporate finance (treasury)? Is that treasury services? Like are you the trustee?

woollycat- no I work in the Treasury Department for a tech company. See post here for more info http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,849266

My favourite perks a) Reimbursed rent b) 24/7 access to the company Gym / trainers c) Reimbursed utilities d) Free food at work e) a grocery allowance for home f) Travel g) Annual education allowance h) Paid time off to study

Got an unusual one - our owner is quite wealthy, so our office is supplied with millions of dollars of his personal art collection. We are also allowed occasional access to his various homes around the globe.

Corporate Development (1) On-site gym / gym membership reimbursement (2) Pay 100% for CFA + tuition reimbursement for MBA (5k) (3) 5 weeks PTO immediately --> no tiered schedule (4) 40 hour work week that can be very flexible --> accommodating for studying purposes

aussie_jaco- NICE! but you left out the job bit?

artvandalay- What sector are you in? I have been thinking about talking to my boss about taking on some bus development roles on top of my duties in Treasury. Any words of wisdom? Aussie - do they pay for all of your rent or is it just subsudized? I know Facebook does this for people who live within 1 mile of the company

They end up paying for about 80% of my rent, hard to say no to that. The one downside to the rent reimbursement is that it is taxable payment, though still better then nothing.

nice! What do you do?

Corporate Planning / Business Development (1) Brand new recently constructed offices with on site gym (2) Continued education/seminars/etc fully paid for (3) $1000 annual health and wellness reimbursement (can be used for almost anything) (4) Free fruit/drinks/coffee/cappuccinos (5) Monthly transit pass reimbursement in cash (6) Company will match charitable donations up to a certain amount (7) Employee savings plan whereby the company matches up to 8% of annual salary (basically an 8% annual salary increase) (8) Free fancy lunches with senior executives and investment bankers

i did a buy side summer gig once and we went to BASEBALL GAMES!!!

Defence, the job does have some noticeable downsides though :slight_smile:

I work in the insurance industry - business development is a pretty nice gig, you kind of get the best of both worlds - interesting M&A/equity research work without all the hours (of course the pay is lower as a result) fxguy1234 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > artvandalay- > > What sector are you in? I have been thinking about > talking to my boss about taking on some bus > development roles on top of my duties in Treasury. > Any words of wisdom? > > Aussie - do they pay for all of your rent or is it > just subsudized? I know Facebook does this for > people who live within 1 mile of the company

Free water

I agree with artvandalay’s comments above. I’m basically in the same role and describe my job as a hybrid between investment banking and equity research.

• no pay toilets - all the pens and paper i want

free women