WOW

Market really tanked at the end. Not Good

2nd worst day ever. TSX.

Aren’t we all shock-proof by now??

Wtf is goin on …?? Why so much today ? I guess drop in oil ??

Just when you think that we cannot have any ore 600 point days! Boom

So what’s the BS makeshift reason they’ve assigned to today’s movements.

What happened today? Reality.

yep, back to reality

Canada’s drop was b/c of Dion/Layton posturing and pretending they’re remotely capable of holding the PM’s job. That’s right, Canada’s governmental stability ranks right up there with many central African nations right now. Interesting that the loonie was pretty much unchanged though…

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So what’s the BS makeshift reason they’ve assigned > to today’s movements. bad turkey, sick stomach

I wouldn’t put any of the loss in the TSX on the political crap going on. half of friday’s gain was in the last minute and on the aftermarket on little volume so did not reflect true value. So basically the extra 2% loss on the Cdn side was due to that. As for both markets, O&G and gold for the TSX and Financials for the S&P as gold cannot be the play if we are deflating, which I firmly believe and the financials in the US have run up far too much from last week’s news.

C is down 22%, anyone has an idea why after all this explicit guarantees? is the market trying to force fed treasury to nationalize C?

Mtk overshoot last week. This is correction. In this environment, I think it is relatively safe to short the mkt into 2009… IMHO

How many of you at the end of last week thought “I shoulda sold/gone short.” I’m kicking myself (a little), but then maybe it would have gone up and I’d be kicking myself again. Over and over, I realize that the quality of a decision is based on whether it was a good decision based on information known at the time it was made. So that means “how unexpected was the result,” and “did you overexpose yourself to the risk, given the likelihood of the outcome.” No hard-and-cut answers to those, necessarily, but definitely questions worth asking. Another big question is whether there was information that you didn’t consider that you should have considered when evaluating the questions above. If so, at least you learned something.

i did go short :slight_smile:

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So what’s the BS makeshift reason they’ve assigned > to today’s movements. Efficient market hypothesis and rational human beings.

phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mtk overshoot last week. This is correction. In > this environment, I think it is relatively safe to > short the mkt into 2009… IMHO Agreed.

itstoohot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > C is down 22%, anyone has an idea why after all > this explicit guarantees? is the market trying to > force fed treasury to nationalize C? I think the bailout was insufficient and C still sucks. The OBS liabilities are HUGE and lack transparency.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > itstoohot Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > C is down 22%, anyone has an idea why after all > > this explicit guarantees? is the market trying > to > > force fed treasury to nationalize C? > > > I think the bailout was insufficient and C still > sucks. The OBS liabilities are HUGE and lack > transparency. agreed

Anyone believe in efficient markets these days? I think I’m going to change my breakfast cereal to one of my childhood favorites: “Alpha-bits”