Decline in CFA Registration

Now that the Wall Street & Others have taken the country down. I had many friends who backed off and said ‘F’ CFA, people are not giong to rely on this and stuff. Do you think there will be a decline in CFA registration next year or so? As I see many people with finance background moving into Accounting and the likes. Lot of people are changing there profession completely. Many are also moving into Actuarial backgrounds as well (known for stability).

Totally. F the CFA and all it stands for. . . those A holes ruined the country. Yes, we will all be accountants and actuaries soon.

I wanna be a nurse. I hear they are making the big bucks these days.

^^^80k to start in NYC (not including overtime, which is often available). Plus the schedule is three 12 hrs shifts per week for three weeks in the month and four 12s in the last week of the month. Not bad.

Hahhah, that reminds me “Meet the Parents” when Greg (Guy Lord Fcker) was a male nurse. “Would you at least consider anther profession?”

Changing bedpans and wiping up bodily fluids doesn’t seem worth $80k to me, I need more. I hate old people and sick people :slight_smile:

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hahhah, that reminds me “Meet the Parents” when > Greg (Guy Lord Fcker) was a male nurse. “Would > you at least consider anther profession?” “Greg’s being moved to triage mom. Oh, is that better than a nurse?” My gf is nurse, no more bed pains (they have assistants), but a whole bunch of old people.

i really hope to see a decline. also i hope all convert arb shops blow up

I heard as a nurse you can double your base if you sign up to be like a ‘traveling nurse’ which entails going to like filling in where they have nurse shortages. Would be kinda fun to spend a month in Atlanta, six weeks in chicago, month in milwaukee, etc. Good way to see the country. Then again it could be like consulting where they send you to bumblef&ck, iowa for 4 months, haha.

If you’re a guy, I wonder how “I’m a nurse,” works when trying to pick up women. :wink: I’ve known a few male nurses, and I don’t have any issue with them checking my blood pressure or giving me an injection or something, or anything else, for that matter, but they must get ridiculed by a lot of less open-minded people.

They need to change the name of the profession. Much like secretarys are now executive assistants.

^Like a professional caregiver?

Jr. VP of Doctoral Services

CFAdetroit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I heard as a nurse you can double your base if you > sign up to be like a ‘traveling nurse’ which > entails going to like filling in where they have > nurse shortages. Would be kinda fun to spend a > month in Atlanta, six weeks in chicago, month in > milwaukee, etc. Good way to see the country. Then > again it could be like consulting where they send > you to bumblef&ck, iowa for 4 months, haha. Yeah they do pretty well for themselves. I had a girl on my jury the other day who was a traveling nurse and she let slip that she made $125K. She was probably 27 so she’s doing alright. There will surely be a shortage of medial staff over the next decade.

Interestingly…or maybe it’s not that interesting, there is a book store that I frequent and when I was there a couple of weeks ago there wasn’t a single person studying for L1. Not a single one. The place is usually loaded with candidates studying for the exam. Anyway, I don’t think it is anything that should concern people who have or are pursuing the designation. It’s just indicative of the herd mentality.

Health management professional

surveyinn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >>I had many friends who backed off and said ‘F’ CFA I didn’t knew we were friends already?

we live in the era of digital friends who you never actually see and could very well be robots. malfunction! malfunction!

I want to be more in operations and capital budgeting than i do investing. but i think the CFA is really interesting to me and so im trying to pursue. i hope its not a gay reason. sorry.

just as there are ups and downs in the markets, there are bound to be ups and downs in the perceived value of the CFA. those that stick with it will look back and hopefully remember that in one of the worst years in the american economy many people were understandably turned off by this industry. thus, there was a drop in the registrations this year. i would also rather hear less people are attempting the CFA than more people. with regard to nursing, it is definitely a good, stable job. however, i notice that if you want to make a lot more than average, you usually have to travel, work nights, do other jobs that other people dont want to do or take jobs that take you out of the mainstream 9-5 mon-fri crowd. IMHO if you can make it through nursing school, you should definitely consider at least a PA or DO. they arent MDs but BANK, btw, my sis is interviewing for jobs right now. she just finished her last year of residency. thats 4 years med school (after an ivy league), plus 3 years residency @35k. now she can go to any city in america and land a 190k job. i wish i had the discipline to study as much as med school requires. but personally, i dont want the responsibility of someone elses life in my hands.