Did you still get a bonus for '08?

This has probably been discussed recently, but what the hey. Did you guys still get one? I was surprised to find out that I did. I work for a top 5 bank in Canada.

I started at a new company too late in the year for a bonus to be a possibility. I’m 99.999% sure my bonus at my prior firm would have been next to nothing anyway.

I’m expecting something small, in the range of 3% - 5% of base. I’ll feel very fortunate to get that.

Same here, was 20% now 5

Yup my bonus seems to be the norm ~5%. It’ll pay for Xmas gifts at least.

I’ve been working like a dog at my new place and I expect that effort to be realized. I certainly wasn’t around to mis manage some of the accounts I’ve been handled and have been doing my best to clean them up. With that said, I know that its hard to expect a nice bonus when people are being let go. However, managers have no problems saying “You know Willy, at times like these, its hard work that gets you recognized”. Ummm…ok? So RECOGNIZE it. Willy

got 2 weeks pay so far for xmas. get one more weeks before the end of the new year and typically a performance of anywhere from 8%-20% after 2008 results have been posted. we have been able to weather this storm so far…so they tell us at least

got 2 weeks pay so far for xmas. get one more weeks before the end of the new year and typically a performance of anywhere from 8%-20% after 2008 results have been posted. we have been able to weather this storm so far…so they tell us at least

I let you know, if i am not layed off before that

Full 25%.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I let you know, > > if i am not layed off before that ditto

Hopefully at least a yearly base

will get a 15% bonus …

I’m really hoping for 6% to 7%. This past half year was just brutal and they’ve got to recognize staff who at least attempted to pull out all the stops. Willy

Top 5 Cdn bank 10%

Will happily trade my 2008 bonus for a guaranteed space for my salary in the budget for 2009. But if I can keep my job and receive bonus this year, I’m thinking 6~10% (down from 20~25% in normal years)

I’m pretty sure there is no bonus in the cards for me… however it’s a bonus that I still have a job, haha

Are you working in Toronto for the headquarter of the bank? Anyways, Canadian banks are doing good overall, compared with their counterparties in the USA. reck0n3r Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This has probably been discussed recently, but > what the hey. Did you guys still get one? I was > surprised to find out that I did. I work for a top > 5 bank in Canada.

I expect nothing. Maybe two movie passes…

My firm has actually benefited from the market since higher mkt volumes = higher fees, but our stock price has suffered like every other financial out there, so I don’t know what wins. I think we will get the standard (~7-10%) but fear the drop in the stock might create an environment where mngt might justify a cut. I also have the 2nd half of a raise I received in July due to kick in in January- if they rescind I’ll be upset.