Revolving door etiquette

This is the one I haven’t figured out - do you go into a revolving door ahead of the lady, so you can do all the pushing and she just has to walk through? Or do you allow her to go first as per every other door situation (except getting into a cab)? And if she goes in first, do you give it a push for her to get her started? Or do you squeeze into the next “section” of the door as quickly as possible and give it your all?

Get in the same ‘section’ and make love. Then push your way to get out. I go in the same one as my gf but combined we’re 225 lbs so thats like one person anyway.

i go first.

I think you are supposed to let her walk in and give it a push. Then you follow. Haven’t you heard though, chivalry is dead.

If the door is moving you let her go, if it’s stationary you go first While we’re on etiquette, what ever happened to the “Thank You” for holding a door?

In general a gentleman always leads a lady, unless there’s someone else (such as an usher or maitre d’) who leads the couple to their destination. Common sense calls for a door exception when the door must be pulled to be opened.

But the lady always gets the first bite of a shared dessert. You may “attack” the dessert if necessary to give a cue that it’s ok, but you must wait to actually eat it. :wink: As for revolving doors, I’ve tried to make sense of my actions, and I think AbbeFaria has it down. If muscle is needed to get the door to move, the guy goes first, otherwise he goes second. I wonder how women couples handle this issue.

bchadwick, that’s easy, the bull assumes the role of the man.

I’d assume the Butch take the male role? bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But the lady always gets the first bite of a > shared dessert. You may “attack” the dessert if > necessary to give a cue that it’s ok, but you must > wait to actually eat it. :wink: > > As for revolving doors, I’ve tried to make sense > of my actions, and I think AbbeFaria has it down. > If muscle is needed to get the door to move, the > guy goes first, otherwise he goes second. > > I wonder how women couples handle this issue.

Possibly, but I suspect that roles are much more fluid in those situations. Maybe the revolving door is the signal for “who wears the pants today.”

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is the one I haven’t figured out - do you go > into a revolving door ahead of the lady, so you > can do all the pushing and she just has to walk > through? Or do you allow her to go first as per > every other door situation (except getting into a > cab)? And if she goes in first, do you give it a > push for her to get her started? Or do you squeeze > into the next “section” of the door as quickly as > possible and give it your all? classic!

bravo. seriously bravo. This is exactly what I have been thinking.

Checked emily post’s site - the dude goes first to get the door spinning.

So the guy is supposed to get in the cab first?

Yes, so she doesn’t have to slide across the seat.

i go in the door first to push and get it started. she goes in after, but then i stay in and take a trip around so she is the first one out.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Get in the same ‘section’ and make love. Then push > your way to get out. > > I go in the same one as my gf but combined we’re > 225 lbs so thats like one person anyway. If you fill her with helium, you might be able to get net weight down around 215.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Get in the same ‘section’ and make love. Then push > your way to get out. > > I go in the same one as my gf but combined we’re > 225 lbs so thats like one person anyway. My initial reaction was, wow, dude must either tip the scales at like 120 pounds soaking wet or his girl is 14 and so she only weighs like 80lbs… either way, forget public sex and get yourselves to the buffet.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Get in the same ‘section’ and make love. Then push > your way to get out. Agreed!

dlpicket Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Get in the same ‘section’ and make love. Then > push > > your way to get out. > > > > I go in the same one as my gf but combined > we’re > > 225 lbs so thats like one person anyway. > > If you fill her with helium, you might be able to > get net weight down around 215. LOL hilarious