Anything Funny Happen at Your Test Center?

A couple of things amused me at mine, and I apologize if either of these were you (I tested in Manhattan). o There was a guy who checked his bag, got through security, took a seat at his table and was somehow still wearing his bluetooth headset when they started passing out exam booklets. He then became offended when a proctor took it from him. o There was a guy at the table in front of me with FOUR calculators and over TWENTY pencils, and he had written “BGN” and “END” in huge letters on two of the calculators, seemingly because he found using separate devices for annuity/annuity due problems to be an easier solution than hitting [2ND] [BGN] [ENTER]. o There was a kid bragging to someone in the lobby that he only studied for three weeks and didn’t have to put that much work into it because his experience as a bank teller gave him an edge. It was great. What did you guys see that made you laugh? One thing I will say, you know you’re deep into the CFA when seeing a somewhat attractive girl at the test center holding a Schweser Quicksheet is enough to make you fall in love.

I heard some guy forgot his calculator! I’m not sure if he found some generous soul to borrow from, but I wasn’t about to give up one of mine. No way!!

I tested in the DC area and had two people that stood out to me. One came to the test center without any pencils expecting the proctors to provide him with some. The proctors obviously told him he was SOL and he had to figure out what to do. I ended up feeling bad for the guy so I gave him ONE of my 5 pencils…he never returned it nor did he say thanks. We will see if the good deed will help me with my results. Another guy came in with his cell-phone was asked to hand it over. He did not mind that but once he realized he left his calculator in the car he freaked out and asked if he could use the phone since it has a calculator for the test. He was adamant for some reason about using his phone…He ended up running back to his car to get the calculator and came late to the exam. The funniest thing to me was watching the proctors try to “manage” the exam. They were inconsistent in their rules and did not really know how to handle simple situations. I got a little annoyed because the main speaker started going over the “test material” and my section had yet to receive the booklets to follow along. They were still trying to figure out if everyone from my section properly checked in. All in all that is all I have to share…nice thread though.

Two things, 1. A guy in my section thought he was so cool with a ‘white’ Texas instruments calc. Was braging on how it was so gangsta. I didn’t say anything and when he met the proctors, he was SOL. So is arrogance was funny. He still and wrote the exam… 2. One person got caught looking at someone’s paper. Side note: How many people do you think call someone in a diff time zone to get tips? I bet you it happens a lot more than we think.

lmao… who’s gonna find out anyway? But would u really want your passing chances to decrease? Anyway… I set next to this epic hot chick. Exchanged facebook names but not numbers. Turns out she has a bf :’( lmao @ EastCoastJ… Funny stuff… I only took one damn pencil and one calculator. And an eraser. My lead ran out and I was like damn, hope there’s more inside. lol

One girl at my center had an expired passport as her identity. She did write the exam but I don’t know what happened after that. She was surrounded with proctors after the exam.

Half way through the morning session three proctors stood over me whispering and discussing something. I couldn’t hear what they were saying because I had earplugs in. After a few minutes one of the proctors says, “I’m sorry sir, there is absolutely no paper allowed on your table!” I glanced up at the proctor, back at my table, then back at them again with a very confused look. The proctor proceeded to take my three 12C calculator batteries and dropped them on the floor under the table. After the first half was over, I was told battery packaging is disallowed and I’m lucky the other proctor didn’t void my exam! Are you kidding me???

There was a proctor inside the bathroom keeping guard. I was like, “are you serious!”

There was this guy who lost his calculator and was begging for one outside…The guy behind me had 2 calculators and was adamant on not lending one…I was like these batteries run for years so it wouldn’t hurt to lend one…(I think he finally agreed…) During noon one of the proctors asked me if i was there for the morning session!! Another one was comparing my the photo on my ID to my face…I was like I haven’t shaved in 2 months so am bound to look different! Anyways, liked the way it was conducted :slight_smile: On a side note, every CFA Exam from Jan 1, 2011 onwards will require passport as an ID.

> After the first half was over, I was told > battery packaging is disallowed and I’m lucky the > other proctor didn’t void my exam! Are you > kidding me??? Are you kidding me? Your results should have been voided. The CFA rules clearly say that you have to take the batteries out of their packaging. What the crap were you doing with three anyway?

I had a hot proctor in my section…she is in med school. I was in the first row, so I made sure I didn’t look up and get distracted. Actually all of my proctors were in med school and braging about how much they are going to be making very soon…annoying.

> After the first half was over, I was told > battery packaging is disallowed and I’m lucky the > other proctor didn’t void my exam! Are you > kidding me??? Are you kidding me? Your results should have been voided. The CFA rules clearly say that you have to take the batteries out of their packaging. What the crap were you doing with three anyway? One for Quant and FRA, One for Econ, Corp Finance and One in case the battery actually runs out. (Should have had one for Ethics) Maybe next time.

Pgiger Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > One for Quant and FRA, One for Econ, Corp Finance > and One in case the battery actually runs out. > (Should have had one for Ethics) Maybe next time. ------------------------------------------------------- LOL

Ha! I can tell you about myself! Not that funny as your stories, but anyway. When I took the exam in December, I somehow thought that electronic watch is not “electronic equipment” which is not allowed. So I put my beautiful electronic timer right in front of me on my desk! When exam started, the proctor took it away, but I was allowed to stay. After 1 month I have received a letter from CFAI. I remember my hands were shaking while I was opening it. It was just a caution though. And… I failed the exam!

The new 12C takes two batteries, so I planned for the unlikely scenario that both calcs went out on me. I had everything checked by the proctors when I walked in and would have taken them out of the package if they had instructed me to do so before the exam started. Has someone actually written notes on the 1x1 package?? You’d have to be a complete idiot to do that.

So question - those of you that took the test in Manhattan - if you didn’t test there - what is the next closest location? I live in a big exam city, but decided to take the test a few hours away as the next location is about 1/5th the size of the city I’m in.

Saw a guy wearing a “Too Big to Fail” T-shirt, priceless…

I can write really small… trust me 1x1 is more than enough. lol. I wonder if it’s a violation to breathe too loud hey

mbolzicco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Saw a guy wearing a “Too Big to Fail” T-shirt, > priceless… Wow I need to get one!

Just a hot blonde with very tight pants and ass kept walking by every 10-15 minutes… very distracting.