How do you think you did?

Overall I’m not really too confident, although I did feel it was easier for the most part than the CFAI, and definitely the Schweser mocks.

Are you even allowed to state how easy it is relative to the mocks? You can’t talk about topical areas I know…

You can state your opinion on the level of difficulty compared to the mocks, you just can’t discuss specific questions, or what topics were or were not on the exam.

Well, I think I did OK. I didn’t get any sleep the night before the exam so I went in there sort of with a physically weak feeling. I took a bunch of caffeine pills and I was fine, though.

i thought the morning session was easy and the afternoon session was much, much tougher. obviously fatigue is a factor in this, but i thought the content was definitely more difficult too. fingers crossed :slight_smile:

CFA exam is more of an exam testing your body durability in addition to your financial knowledge. If you survived the exam I, there will be II and III waiting ahead:)

I think the afternoon session was harder too. I was super confident going through the morning, but not so much in the afternoon.

Seems like the general feeling. def did better than the mocks in the morning but the afternoon it was about as difficult as the 2010 CFA afternoon mock

Well, Why i feel the morning section is harder than the afternoon one ? I guess I screwed up.

Yup, I thought morning session kind of didn’t live up to the hype; afternoon one did justice though!

So after the morning exam i have such a huge smile and i am like REALLY!, and then i open the afternoon and i am like crap, crap crap, ok, crap crap NOOOOOOOOOO! so i go from confident to having butterflies…i dont wanna go through this again…till the results come out, all i can do is pray

I’m relieved to hear most people echoing my feeling - that the morning was much easier than the afternoon. I went in to the afternoon session feeling pretty okay about everything and then all that evaporated, particularly with the first half of that afternoon session. Are we allowed to say what topics we had trouble with? I have read people saying fatigue is a factor and that’s why you have trouble with the afternoon session but I really don’t think that was it, in my case. It was trickier! The morning session felt extremely fair…like they weren’t trying to jack me around with tricky material around the edges or complicated questions - just getting to the heart of things and testing your basic understanding. The afternoon it felt like the gloves came off and they knocked me around some. All that said, I felt that the whole thing was easier than any of the mocks I did. No way of knowing what that will mean as far as my actual performance, or the MPS, but I still felt good about it. So that’s all I can ask, really. There are a couple of questions where I know I got the answer wrong, and I need to let it go and stop kicking myself. Oh - and I made a total rookie dumb mistake. At the end of the first half I decided to change an answer, but I’d lost track of time and the head proctor dude said pencils down after I’d erased an answer but before I managed to enter a new one. UGH. SO BADLY wanted to quickly scribble in that bubble but I fought the urge.

I found the morning session to be quite easy. Finished it within and hour and a half. However, the afternoon one, particularly 2 sections which i doubt I can name, they were a brain tease. My mind was messed up because of several questios from those two sections. The rest of the sections were harder than in the morning, however, I think I was able to manage them.

afternoon was totally harder…especially fixed income. ouch. it’s kind of annoying being tested on MAYBE only 5% of the curriculum. c’est la vie.

morebeans, you nailed it from my feeling about it, esp. your second paragraph

I knew I shouldnt have checked this thread, you guys are making me terrified. First half was no big deal, finished in 2 hours, there were maybe 3-4 I had no clue, but seemed a reasonable test. Based on all the mocks I’d done, etc, I was really ready for a tougher section 2. Finished in 90 mins. I was shocked, but went back through, and yup, those were my answers. I couldnt believe it, didnt seem that bad at all. Took it at the Javits, there was one other guy who walked out around same time as me, so maybe we both weren’t in on the joke.

the worst part is going back over your notes and realizing you got a few “easy” ones wrong.

Taylor, I had that happen with one. I thought, how the f*** did I miss that? Hopefully there weren’t many more of those!

i finished both sessions in about 1 hour 30 mins so had time to go right back over my answers, which was great. the difference between morning and afternoon, for me, was that in the morning i was much more sure of my answers. in the afternoon there was a lot more ‘hmmmm, going to have to work this out by process of elimination/logical reasoning’ going on rather than instantly knowing the right answer.

Hey guys i was waiting to read comments after yesterday. Ok i found the 1st exam also much easier than the second also. Im glad that this is the consensus. I finished with 30min to go on the 1st and had time to fully go over my circled questions. The second exam I finished with 15 minutes to go. . I found FRA much easier in the 1st one and the second one there were tricky parts most because of the calculations. Quant was a bit trickier in the second one. PM/AI were easy overall, Ethics i found to be pretty easy overall. Much less wordy than schweser which was great as it didnt chew up time. Fixed Income i found easy overall, but that has always been my strong point. I cant remember Corporate Finance much but I think there were a trick or too. Overall for future candidates and in my opinion Schweser exams are absolutely NO indication of the difficulty of the exam and calculation wise. Im even questioning using Schweser for my third party preps if I make it to Level II this time around. If you were getting 65%+ in Schweser I believe you would have killed yesterdays exams (well at least AM) all IMO Now the long wait till marks… Good Luck everybody!