Predict your Dec Level 1 exam result

Hey guys, just something for the road while we expect results in 10 days. Predict your exam result based on how you feel you performed during the actual exam, let’s see how close personal feelings could be to the actual results.

As for me, i was convinced I would pass after the exam, although recently, i’ve had to second guess my performance, but nonetheless, i still predict a pass!

this is a frivolous exercise but i’ll bite. i second your thoughts. although i was stumped on some questions, i felt like i breezed through a large amount of questions. but recently, i think i’ve been lowering expectations as a means of self-protection. a pass (with a cringe) for me.

I’m predicting a pass, considering i did much better in CF, equity, eco, FI than how i did last time. screwed up quant though, big time!

unless you’re sure you smoked it… typically the scenario is: leaving exam thinking should be ok to pass, maybe just crossed the border… then as time goes on… the “should pass” gets stronger and stronger.

I think I passed. The real exam didn’t seem anymore difficult than any of the Schweser practice exams or the CFAI mock exams I took. On another note why does it take so long to grade these exams? What am I missing here?

I think I surely passed after the exam…

thats 100% pass rate. thinking theres an upward bias here. I too think i passed. Usually not very confident after tests but for some reason this test was a little different.

you are probably better guessing the overall passrate. probably around 35% again.

Overall pass rate was posted at 39%. I used Schweser and felt very confident after the exam ( I used the Qbank, practice tests and was scoring in the high 80s prior to the exam on the practice exams and in the 90s for the Qbank). I am going to say a “pass” for me.

bullbear are so u confident that you already put level II candidate in ur profile? ballsy

Where was the pass rate posted at 39%?

I’d go the German way and say fail. Overall, I felt rather good after the exam, but there was a fair amount of questions where I was sure about the answer, but could not back it up with anything in my head, so probably just below the MPS…

bullbear changed his status to L2 candidate even though he doesn’t even know his L1 results yet? not so great on the ethics I see

I should have clarified: June 2011 was 39%, not December.

Wow…Didn’t realize my having a level II candidate meant so much to you, whoever you are. It’s not like we’re advertising, applying for employment. or officially holding ourselves out as anything buy anonymous forum members. I just created a new profile, and honestly, I don’t want to change it again, but if it means that much to you…

No one really cares what you put in your profile. He’s just pointing out that you are wrong. You are wrong.

everyone walking in was scoring the same as I was on the mocks and had about the same confidence level. The thing that interests me most is how we can all think we passed yet most of us are wrong. Bizarro. It’s been awesome getting my life back. If I didn’t pass I’m not entirely sure if i’ll sign back up. If I did I’ll keep going even though the designation likely won’t help as much as say, a research analyst or someone w/o B school.

^ well, year after year, the AF stats do show a skew-ness to “passed”, although I’m sure it’s some combination of people not wanting to broadcast they failed, and too pissed-off or sad to post.

No one cares what you list yourself as. But think about what you just said. As you say, we’re all a bunch of strangers. So, why does it mean so much to you showing off to a bunch of anonymous strangers you are cocky enough to claim a pass before knowing the results? You can’t wait 5 days until next Tuesday?

JUST GIVE ME MY RESULTS! Seriosly, if I get the pass on Wednesday morning, I’ll be getting myself a big boy Cigar and a bottle of Mount Gay Rum.