CFAI Mock Exam Results

Hey guys,

I know a lot of people have already written the CFAI Mock Exam for the December 2012 exam, and wanted to make a thread where everyone posts their results just to see where we are relative to each other. I also wanted to see what areas people struggled on in the mock.

I myself wrote the mock this weekend and got a score of 62% (60% in the AM and 64% in the PM).

My strong areas were Fixed Income, FRA and Quant

Weak areas were Equity, Ethics and Econ. Found it very difficult in Ethics because I know all the standards but would always end up narrowing it down to 2 answers and see ways where both could be correct.

How strong/ weak at every section? you may simply grade every section like the real exam: >50%, 50%70%

Over 70% in Corp Finance, Quant, Fixed Income and Alt. Investment

Borderline/Below 50% in Ethics, Econ, Equity, Derivatives & Port Mgt

The rest were low to mid 60% area

Got 62% in both. I got killed in fixed income, and everything else was avgerage. Somewhat burnt out.

is 2012 mock tuffer than 2011 ?

wasnt econ all different in 2011?

I got a 71.66%, 10% increase from the last CFAI (morning session). I got a perfect score on quants but got nailed on FRA…

hey

are the cfa mocks tougher than actual CFA exam ?

Oh man

SO many questions in cfa june 2012 mocks is exactly same as previous mocks ???

I’m hoping we’ll discover that on the exam too laugh

Anyway, I wouldn’t fret. You sound as though you’re ready (unlike me crying)

Finished CFA June 2012 mock morning session- got 85% devil

Got a 70% overall in both sessions combined. No idea how that’s gona translate on the main exam =( messed up FRA and Eco

People saying mock is tuffer than actual exam angel

Crossing my fingers that it’s true!

Different people have different opinions. But I too pray that vicky_cool400 is true.

Hi,

What is your profile / background … mind sharing ??

Just curious coz you are getting some really good scores in mocks

Thanks

I am Bcom hons from delhi university and mba (fin)

Thats impressive … Thanks for sharing

I have a similar profile as well … though my mock scores are nowhere close to yours cheeky

r u a very recent MBA ??

no i did mba 4 yrs back

How much u scoring in cfa mocks

61% (146/240) in CFAI-Dec-2012 mock