voilation of rule

[original post removed]

Results? I dont think so, you’ll be getting a notification from the CFA regarding the violation, most likely outcome is that your exam will be voided, even if you “finished” on time, the way I see it is that you had an unfair advantage over other candidates by writing after they asked to stop.

ohh shit, Luis is right, your exam can be voided. Extremely sad but true

Are you still able to edit your “Manage account” section on the CFA webssite

So you can’t change for example the primary address in the “Manage account” section?

From what i read, you will be mailed (by post) with explanations

You either plea guilty or innocent

In both cases the outcome will most porbably be very disappointing.

I suggest that even if you plea guilty you explain what happened, and maybe they will show some mercy, though highly unlikely.

Also review how many proctors spotted this, ie the power of their evidence.

Wish you best of luck, you really need it now!!

This wont come until a month after the exam though, aight? Or is the acct manager switched off this shortly after the exam?

sorry, you are screwed. it doesn’t matter how simple or innocent your story is, if you do anything else when time is called except stop immediately, you are dead

With “my body is now ready to accept you!”

Seriously though, like itera said, your outlook appears grim.

There’s no need to consider that you have a ‘grim outlook’ despite what other people say. Each case should be treated individually.

In these sorts of situations start by gathering as much information as you can about what your accusers are saying, and then structure your defense. Make several drafts, maybe have an attorney look at it to give you some pointers on how to write well, then send it off.

You may end up with a precautionary note as opposed to a sanction if you play your cards correctly.

No matter what you do, your results will be voided, you have an unfair advantage over the rest of the candidates, imagine that you pass because of that answer, while another candidate fails because he didn’t have enough time to answer another question, as simple as that.

Luis, before you go on discouraging someone who is obviously in a very unpleasant situation, why are you so sure that this is the case? Is that what you think is the right outcome of such a situation, or do you have some statistical proof that everyone who gets into this situation has their results voided?

I know it sucks to have an exam voided for such a trivial mistake, but that’s just the kind of professionalism and deligence you need for the industry.

I hope you will be okay and that you pass your exam and learn from your mistake, but if you don’t, there’s always another L1 exam in 6months, so try to brush it off and move on with life!

Guys thanx a lot for ur help As u all knw my situation , can u provide me with answer that can help me to get the result.so that with all the intellectual views I can make the best ans possible

Tell the truth. Do what you’ve got and let it be. There are certain things in life which you have to accept and move forward. Sincerely, I wish you will come out dry from the water. Keep posting here how the issue evolves, it is a good lesson for all of us.

Not discouraging, just saying the truth…

Taken from the CFAI page

http://www.cfainstitute.org/ethics/conduct/Pages/candidate_sanctions.aspx

Writing Past Time Called

Candidates were advised of the requirement to stop writing immediately when instructed to do so through several communications, including the CFA Institute website, the verbal statement read prior to the commencement of the exam, and the back of the exam booklet.

Notwithstanding this requirement, fifty-eight Level I candidates, twelve Level II candidates, and five Level III candidates continued to write on and/or erase their exams after time was called. The CFA Institute Professional Conduct Program investigated these cases and found that each candidate engaged in the conduct and thereby violated the CFA Program Exam Rules and Standards of Professional Conduct. Sixty-four of the candidates accepted the sanction of Private Censure/Reprimand and Voiding of Exam Results. Eleven of the candidates requested a Hearing Panel. After consideration of the evidence in each respective case, the Hearing Panels imposed the sanction of Private Censure/Reprimand and Voiding of Exam Results on the eleven candidates.

@SUKHMAN11

Not correctly marked=doesn’t count

Correctly marked=chance of getting it right=unfair advatange

Like NANA said, I also hope you get your results and pass the exam, but this is one of the most serious violations…so don’t set your expectations too high.

But, officer, it was OK for me to drive through the red light: nobody on the cross street was close enough to hit me.