voilation of rule

Investigation= They read the proctor’s notations, and they also consider what you tell them, but if I were in their position, I would definitely go for the proctor’s notation, because honestly proctors couldn’t care less if you pass or fail, and you clearly have an interest on the outcome.

But at the end of the day, you were writing, remarking (however we want to call it) AFTER they asked you to stop, what i’ve been trying to tell you is, it doesn’t matter why you did it, you clearly violated the rules.

I beleive in your response you will include something like “Yes, I wrote after they asked me to, but it was just remarking a question”, so we go back to what I mention above.

Please keep us informed of your situation, in case you get the notification (let’s hope not), I’m pretty sure people will give you some ideas to make your case.

This… WHAT , not WHY , in essence it’s what really matters.

Well, the statistics are grim (all accused had exam results voided), but it doesn’t mean you can’t try to be the exception. Figure you put in 300 hours, might as well spend a few more trying to get the exam not to be voided.

First examine the quality of the evidence presented against you, then move on from there.

Should you get accused and have the exam results voided, obviously its going to suck but two factors to think about:

1. Its a private censure, which means it won’t go on the public record. It didn’t say they suspended anyone for a year or more which happens in other cases. Other people will simply think you failed and given that only 37% passed last time, its not unexpected.

2. Its level 1. Sure, its a pain to have to do it again but believe me, better with level 1 than with level 2. Had this happened to you on level 2, take the amount of upset you might feel now and multiply it by 2.

Anyway, examine the information you are given, get to work on drafting the letter, get the help of a friend who knows how to write well, and good luck!

An additional hint: if you start preparing for level 1 again early enough, if by some reason you get acquitted and find you passed, that knowledge will help you a lot with level 2 so the time won’t be wasted.

Exactly.

The traffic law says “stop for the red light.” No exceptions.

The CFA Institute rule says, “stop writing when told.” No exceptions.

not a chance.

written up for writing past time called is auto-screwed. It’s one of the surest ways to void your results.

@sukhman11…how do you know they wrote exactly what you said in ur first post. Did they come to your seat with the violation form and wrote on your seat?they might have written something else?

how do you know they wrote exactly what you said in ur first post. Did they come to your seat with the violation form and wrote on your seat?they might have written something else?

There’s definitely not a chance if the guy doesn’t bother to work on a defense. I guarantee that.

That said, since the level 1 exam can be taken in December if you get your situation cleared sooner you still know the material now and have a higher chance of acing it since you just took the test. Whatsmore the December version doesn’t differ from the June version if I’m not mistaken so there shouldn’t be anything new to study. And taking the test a second time will definitely help with level II, that I can guarantee you.

Guess

r u sure, u r not able to edit your account? how come you couldnt edit it especially when u hvnt even received any mail from them regarding possible suspension…

and… if they just came to ur seat to look at ur hall ticket and didnt even carry with them ? (for reporting violation) as u think…this doesnt really mean u were reported…? nobody would rely on memory of roll number even if it takes 10 seconds to reach from ur seat to his own for reporting violation…

They have a seating chart which they use in such cases.

dfd

Guide my friend, what should I do for defense

Couldn’t edit in what sense? As far as I know, some of the fields are not editable.

Screenshot of the edit account screen would tell the best.

In your reply, just tell them what exactly happened (detailed description) and hope for the best.

i m so afraid of CFAI rules, that i dont start exam 1 min past and just close it 2 minutes earlier.

Better than answring 1 q

he isnt able to edit for example, primary address or 2nd address…these r editable.

ruy

u email to cfai why are u not llowed to edit profile. U will know