The Exam

So how did you find it? Harder or easier than expected?

I’d say it was pretty much as expected…

And by that I mean, I don’t think there were too many “hard” questions, but there were many where I just couldn’t quite remember enough of the detail to be confident I had answered it correctly. Overall, I am kind of uncertain, which is pretty much how I felt after every practice exam too!

Same here; but the questions were much more straightforward than any other Schewser exam i had taken.

Yeah and I knew they would be having taken the exam before (band 10). I’d say I feel about as confident as I did the first time around, and look how that ended up! FML

I actually didn’t know what to expect but def found it a bit less wordy and less quantitative than the Schweser mocks. That being said, I still had to watch my time and was cutting it close. Good thing I did it so that I had enough time to check my answers etc.

Am not confident that I passed though…:frowning:

Yeah? You were confident the last time that you took it? What areas surprised you that you did poorly on?

Agreed. Did you use Schweser’s Secret Sauce book? I feel like if you knew that book well, you could pass the exam. I think I may have spent too much time focusing on the minutiae in the days leading up to the exam (including a lot of number crunching), and not enough on the “bigger picture”

I actually found them to be about the same but I wouldn’t worry about that. It’s all relative and really doesn’t mean anything!

The last time I took it I’d say I thought I was probably borderline (and I was). I didn’t really “fail” any of the areas, and scored >70% in ethics, quants, and FRA. I think I scored < 70% in econ and FI which was probably my undoing.

Um, I had Secret Sauce but found it was way too time consuming to highlight everything there since I’ve already made notes on the individual Scheweser section notes.

Yeah agreed, I spent a lot of time on ‘details’ as well, and not ‘bigger picture’

Ugh, that’s how I feel. Borderline. Oh well.

Agreed. Was pretty happy cuz the morning session was a bit of a breeze but afternoon session was tougher, IMO

my experience was that you’ll begin to feel better about it over the next few days, and then feel fine by Christmas and New Year. Then, about one week before the resutls come out, you feel like crap again. yay.

that sounds lovely

I thought afternoon was much more difficult than morning. I thought morning was easier than the cfai mock, but afternoon was harder than mock.

did you take it in anaheim by the way?

No I actually took it in NYC

Yeah maybe the afternoon was slightly harder but I thought they were comparable. I found the CFAI mock to be pretty tough; a lot harder than the Schweser mocks which I found comparatively straightforward. People just have strengths in different areas I guess.

Oh sorry, when I saw “OC” gal, I thought Orange County. I was in Anaheim obviously…

When could we know the marks??