Am I on track ? my study plan - kindly review

Hi guys ,

I’ve started my preperations for CFA lv1 Dec . But I’m taking it a bit slow and relaxed now , just trying to make notes and trying to understand the concept .

So far i’ve done :

1. Ethics . completed 3 standards (Till duty to clients)

2. Economics . completed the 1st reading fully/reading 13 . (Demand and supply intro)

I’, looking forwards to complete full of ethics , 2 more readings of economics , derivates and a major chunk or the whole of quantitative meathods and small parts of Financial reporting and analysis . by july 31st .

I havent yet registered , will be registering on 31st july for Lv1 and will start reading the CFA material for ethics and will solve the questions for all the subjects from em.

Before october I have planned to do the whole portions 2wice and solve all the EOC’s . Last month (NOV) . I will only be revising my summary and doing practice tests . Will be cooling off the last 2 weeks before exam .(prolly heading out with frds etc… ).

I would like to know if my study plan is good enough and if i am on track for a successful debut at the CFA lv1 on dec 2014 .

Regards,

HedgeFudge

Your profile says you’re a L1 candidate. Not true til you register for exam=ethics violation re: standard VIIB

I’m also sitting on december 7th and I already read the whole curriculum one time and did all the EOC questions (I know it’s early but I’ve the time to study during working hours). I did a mock exam scored 78% and now I’m taking the summer off and will re-read the curriculum again. Make sure you have 1 month to review and to a lot of mocks !

Good luck my friend !

@mikemorin … man you are way behind. by now u should have given atleast 5 mocks.

@cfakhan hahaha not sure if serious :open_mouth:

lol

He did say he’s only done the first few standards (which I am guessing did not inclue VII).

I only did a quick first read of ethics, but moved on to Quants as my first topic. Ethics i’ll leave till last. Formulas i can memorise and retain, but heavy reading i cannot.

Do ethics last when its fresh in your memory.

“Will be cooling off the last 2 weeks before exam .(prolly heading out with frds etc… ).”

You say that now… not going to happen bud.

I am also a level I candidate for 6 Dec exam. I finished the whole ethics section last week and just started quantitative methods. I think start with ethics then review it along the way is better for me. I wake up very early in the morning to finish my CFA exam study before anything else.

I plan to start from July. I want to study corporate finance & fixed income in the beginning. Then move to financial reporting on weekdays, while going through quants on the weekends.