Exam difficulty

Kick start your CFA® Program prep with Top Instructors you’ll love and a course that offers free updates until you pass – We’ve got you covered.

What are your scores on the mocks? If you’re at 70 or above, you’re in good shape.

Baidar wrote:

For CFA L1, I’m scoring above 70% in all of the questions (CFAI EOC, Kaplan EOC, CFAI online practice questions, Kaplan over all Qbank). However, if I set Kaplan Qbank for only Advanced question, I barely get 60%. Am I on the right track, or what % of the exam questions can fall under the Advanced classification. One last thing, do you think 70% in all the topics, and 60% in Quant will be a pass?

I’d say you’re in good shape but I suggest that you start doing timed mocks to see how do in exam situation. 

It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Currently I’m doing one mock exam, but Im answering topic by topic questions as I go through the review of the topics. Score above 70%. Once done reviewing by end of May, I’ll do another 4 mock exams

I also have the same Question…  I’m scoring above 75-80% in all of the questions (CFAI EOC, Kaplan EOC, CFAI online practice question). I gave a mock from Schweser and score 76 and 82 in 2 sessions.. I’m feeling underconfident coz I thought it is a bad score. What score is considered a good score to pass??

If you’re at 70 or above, you’re in good shape.

I can tell you, if you hit the 80s, you’ll be scoring top 90%ile of the takers. If you score 70s, you’ll be alrite and likely pass 9 out of 10 tries. if you’re in the 60s, you’re probably 7 out of 10 tries.

You are talking about 60,70,80% or score out of 120??

Thank you indeed !

shraddhavora wrote:

You are talking about 60,70,80% or score out of 120??

Thank you indeed !

Percentage.