** Book 6, CFAI - EXAM SCORES **

Hi guys, I haven’t seen many (only a few) threads on here with Book 6 scores. I just finished the last one and posted the below: Book 6 Exams Exam Status Score Book 6 Exam 1 AM Review Test 78.33% Book 6 Exam 1 PM Review Test 77.50% Book 6 Exam 2 AM Review Test 76.67% Book 6 Exam 2 PM Review Test 75.00% Book 6 Exam 3 AM Review Test 78.33% Book 6 Exam 3 PM Review Test 75.83% I’m a bit concerned as I although consistent mid-70’s I recon the Book 6 is much easier than the exam is going to be. My CFAI exam marks are below: CFAI exams: 1 - 71% 2 - 75% 3 - 73% What is worrying me is that I have NOT seen any improvement in my scores, and to be honest, with the stress of exam day and that I recon these are easier than the real things, I am bordering on pass. HOW DO I IMPROVE IN 5 DAYS!!! Thanks in advance

Hunter, my book 6 scores: Exam Status Score Book 6 Exam 1 AM Review Test 75.83% Book 6 Exam 1 PM Review Test 71.67% Book 6 Exam 2 AM Review Test 77.50% Book 6 Exam 2 PM Review Test 76.67% Book 6 Exam 3 AM Review Test 75.83% Book 6 Exam 3 PM Review Test 73.33% Book 7 Exam 1 am: 78% I heard from a colleague that she was suprised by how much easier the actual exam was compared with Schweser. But, that’s just one person, and it’s all subjective. But if I were running a CFA prep business, I would want to make sure my exams were harder than the real thing so as to make sure my clients are happy when they pass, and so that no one can come back and claim that my business did not prepare them well.

are your scores based on a 3hr constraint? I kept going over 3hrs

I didn’t take Exam 1 am of Book 6 because I used it for sample questions throughout my initial studying. Book 6 Exam 1 PM Review Test 80.83% Book 6 Exam 2 AM Review Test 82.5% Book 6 Exam 2 PM Review Test 79.17% Book 6 Exam 3 AM Review Test 83.33% Book 6 Exam 3 PM Review Test 90% These may be a little inflated because I went over by 10-15mins on some. CFAI Exams: Exam 1: 66% (Took it before reviewing. bad excuse, huh) Exam 2: 78% Exam 3: 73% Exam 5: 80% Will take exam 4 on Tuesday.

when i was taking the exam, i was cursing and throwing a fit because it FELT more difficut than the schweser book 6 exams at the time. it was less calculations, but because there were less calculations, there were more questions where more than one answer felt like they could have been the right answer. as opposed to calculation problems where there is one clear cut answer. i was consistently in the mid 70’s and my last test was something like 80% on schweser book 6. I was pretty sure i failed right after the test, but ended up better than 70% on all sections except econ. So bottom line is: i think book 6 is a good indicator of where you are. all the calculations (provided you understand the mechanics behind the acutal numbers plugging) actually give you a solid foundation for the “conceptual” questions that cfai tends to throw you. On test day, you just have to show up and trust those scores and perform like you have been doing all along. most people who are active on this website pass anyway. they really do.

ttuchst, Did you find answers to 3PM exam wrong. I have found 4 questions which have the wrong ans or so i think

Yes. According to the Schweser errata #21 is B not A. Also, #23 should say “which is LEAST likely correct” Which ones are you concerned about?

Questions 70,83,92,95

wow, you guys seem to all be ahead of schedule…imonly just starting, but this is what i have so far: book 6 AM: 83% PM: 77% book 7 AM: 76% i tend to get the SAME type of questions wrong every time, so im reviweing those specific topics after each exam…hopefully will see an improvement

Moore like 92 and 95. For 92, they are askng Which statements are false. We have two options which are false A and D. for 95, What decreases earnings multiplier. Their ans is D - REquired rate of return increases. Why wont P/E decrease if retention rate decreases, or payout increases. Even if payout increases, numerator increases, but the growth rate goes down which will have the effect of decreasing P/E

Hey Bluey, watch out for book 7 1 pm, it’s a doozy. I actually gave up and started to review old tests instead of completing it; it was so ridiculous.

hey smarshy, im lookin through it now…are you saying its too easy or too hard?

too hard. actually, just too tricky. and WAY too wordy.

yeh fhkn hell, i just finished book 7, exam 1 PM… my brain is now FRIED…and ALL that for a measly 68% back to the drawing board for me

I gave CFA sample 2 and just got 78

Here is my test results so far: Book 6 Exams Exam Status Score Book 6 Exam 1 AM Review Test 67% Book 6 Exam 1 PM Review Test 73% Book 6 Exam 2 AM Review Test 78% Book 6 Exam 2 PM Review Test 75% Book 6 Exam 3 AM Review Test 83% CFA Exams 3: 81%

Is the CFAI as wordy as Book 6 exams? I find that the questions in Qbank is less wordy than Book 6 questions.

No, nor is it as calculation based. Qbank questions less wordy because they are just concept checkers.

ok just finished exam 2… so far: Book 6 Exams Exam Status Score Book 6 Exam 1 AM Review Test 83% Book 6 Exam 1 PM Review Test 77% Book 6 Exam 2 AM Review Test 78% Book 6 Exam 2 PM Review Test 81% theres still quite alot of topics im not 100% though… back to the drawing board…

Guys question about Book 6, Ethics, exam 1 AM. question 2 (if i remember well). IT was regarding a personal trade during a blackout period for a restricted security. The acceptable action from the supervisor should be (at least) : the book says speak to the person directly and obtain assurance that the violation would not be repeated... I can;t get myself to agree with that, I would say the answer is launch an investigation to determine extent of wrongdoing.... and i only say that coz the CFAI HAndbook says literally that the first thing to do in such a case is launch an investigation and might even need to simultaneously limit or restrict the employees activities until the results of the investigation are out. what do you guys think of that?? thanks…