I think someone posted no score>70% will fail once. Any links to this?

I thought I saw this somewhere in grading. Start with top 1% and that is the base point 100. Scores over 70% of that number pass. Am I wrong?

Thats the initial pass mark. then the angoff method, not sure at what point angoff is implemented though… i assume if you’re above the 70% of top 1% you’re fine, and if you’re below it then angoff method passmark but who knows.

Does this mean that if we assume that the top 1% is 98 % then one who scores 68.6% has surely passed and even lower by 1% or 2% has a chance ??

I don’t know what they do if the Angoff score is above 70, hopefully they cap it but they probably dont… ****s

There has been some unfounded conjecture that the .7 mark might be raised slightly this year because of the 3 answer multiple choice. I don’t think anyone knows for sure.

Schweser claim noone has ever failed when they score 70. so if ur absolute score is about 70% ur pretty much guaranteed to pass. the top 1% score about 95% (lyk cfacowtown is bound to get). so, u can try derive what u can out of it, but get an absolute 70 and ur good.

I reckon that would be speculation that 3 options means a higher Angoff score, and if you assume they take the Angoff score as the passmark then its more likely to be higher…

Sorry guys what is the Angoff score

its a standard setting method, basically experts review the exam and say x% of people will get this right and blablabla eventually they come to a score. this score reflects that if the exam was easier the pass mark should be higher, as more people that are deemed qualified enough to pass the exam would have got them right.

I wish it was like my Berkeley upper division micro econ class. I got 39% on a midterm and received an A

LOL

I had a dream last night that I forgot everything on exam day and failed the exam…the proctor came up to me and said “hey, you should have eaten a granola bar”…then I woke up reciting bayes theorem…

i dreamt about titties

^^ me too. i wonder if that is gods way of telling us we dont belong in little cubicles running financial models for the rest of our lives.

there was a time when i started my job, i used to watch 5mins of office space everyday, the scene where they load the virus and then destroy the printer. fantastic.

Yes I also should focus my efforts on dreaming about T&A, since I have been blacklisted by the g/f…likely until I find some way to dig myself out of the hole i’m in. I swear its like a mine field out there, get out of one hole and fall right into another one…

hookers are the way forward

I hear diamonds work. I wouldnt know, my response to complaints is “so, find someone better.” It should come as a surprise that I am single.

No BizBanker, I think you’re completely right. There’s absolutely no excuse for a partner not to support you in these times, even if you’re super busy. Well…as long as you squeeze in some ‘squeeze’ time.

She’s fairly supportive, she doesn’t understand the way of things: 1) CFA (grudgingly) 2) Hockey 3) Her 4) Making that green stuff that pays for 1 - 3 5) If your making a acronym to remember this list, you have issues.