Resume + CFA

Education, professional development … Name, Level II Candidate :wink: ???

Level II expected to pass 2010. That way they know you are a real go-getter

Haha, no on a serious note, where is this most commonly found, in Education? I’d like to put it under Professional Development but its a puzzle fitting that in, it’s easier to fit it in under Education.

I put Level II CFA Candidate. Exam June 2009. only on linked in though, not on resume. havent needed that recently, luckily

I don’t need it… but it’s key to keep it ready to go. Opportunities will come, be prepared.

i put it under education in chronological order: cfa masters bachelor

After taking level II exam but not receiving results are you a Level II candidate still correct?

I put CFA Level II Candidate, Expect Charter in 2010 - 2015. I also put “I am a better stock picker because I am a future CFA”

“CFA Level II Candidate. I did not pass all of the exams on the first attempt, but this does not make me any more or less qualified as an investment professional, according to the CFA Institute.”

Haha yeah i also put I am a level 2 CFA, I only need 1 more EXP to become level 3 and then i get my +2 Pen of Forecasting

Or how about this: “I did not pass all of the exams on the first attempt, which puts me in an elite group of future charterholders who have studied well beyond the minimum three year requirement.”

LOL Monger. Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.

this is an easy joke topic and so far all very funny, but… give some input as to how you have presented CFA on your resume as a L2 candidate who has just taken the exam please.

I like to put “Level II CFA Charterholder”

egomez83, I’m not sure if you’re joking but i think that is against the Code and Standards. You cannot say you are a charterholder until you are actually a charterholder. If you’ve only passed level 1 or level 2, you are still only a candidate and only if you registered for the upcoming exam or took the most recent exam and have not gotten your results yet. I just put “CFA Level II Candidate, June 2009”

Sorry, Put “Level II CFA Candidate” or “Level II CFA Candidate, expecting results in August 2009.” According to the SOPH, you are still a candidate until the results come out. Really, your prospective employer should know that you just wrote your exam.

See Ethics textbook p. 105 “Referencing Candidacy in the CFA Program.” Tells you everything you need to know. You all should already know this since we were responsible for this info on the test :slight_smile:

I put it under education Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Candidate Level 1 Completed December 2008; Level 2 Exam (Result Pending) June 2009

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I put CFA Level II Candidate, Expect Charter in > 2010 - 2015. I also put “I am a better stock > picker because I am a future CFA” You violated ethics by not mentioning exact future date of CFA :wink:

I remember one of the questions on Schweser sample exam was that. You are only a level 2 candidate if you pass. ie right now we are still level 1 candidates, not yet level 2 candidates. I remember this very well because on the resume for the past few months I had “Level 2 candidate”… which was a violation…