Can L2 ne done in 4 months..????

Say I start today…can L2 be done in the next 4 months,…

what a stupid Q… it depends of many factors, we dont know you man…

I don’t think so…I definitely wouldn’t do it…You’d have to kill yourself and most likely will fail…

Hi Varundarij, it is definitely possible. Many of the people choosing a prepcourse have not done much so far. After two weeks of “intensive care”, you should know much more and be prepared for doing the rest on your own… Daniel www.financial-exam.com

my prep course starts next saturday 1/30 covering study sessions 1-3. I’ve only done study sessions 1-4 so far on my own back in October and I don’t really remember much - I’m rereading all weekend and next week.

I always answer these questions the same way. Can you essentially take the last month off before the exam? If yes, then sure you can pass. If no, dont even try. Doesn’t matter how much lead time you have, if you can’t make the last month before the exam really count, you have no shot.

Varundarji, there are many who have successfully done Dec L1 and then Jun L2. So, it IS very much doable. Many L2 candidates start their preparation in Dec-Jan time period anyways. So, you are just a month behind. If your schedule allows you to dedicate 2-3 hrs daily and 5 hrs each on Sat-Sun regularly till Jun, you shouldn’t have any time constraints.

4 months is plenty of time.

Without a doubt. If you can pass L2, you can pass it in 4 months…

Yea. I started last week. You should be good. I hammered out L1 in 2 1/2 months.

Let’s hope so! Because I’m just starting my studying.

Got my books last Monday, hope it makes you feel better.

CFACurse Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yea. I started last week. You should be good. I > hammered out L1 in 2 1/2 months. Nice! I am impressed

I’m gonna try it too, but will have lots of free time since I’m unemployed right now. Hopefully if I pass level II I can finally get one of dem jorbz.

Well I better be able to do it in 4 months

There are lots of us over in L3 that just passed L1 last December, so obviously it can be done. Order your books, and be prepared to study (a lot) harder than you did for L1. Congrats & Good luck!

steph86 - what is your background in? pls email me at fadam23@gmail.com. I would like to discuss the strategy you used for L2 and any pointers or missteps you would recommend. thanks…cheers!

I’m about to do it son - so yes.

I did L2 in ~2 months without taking any time off work. I did not kill the test and I worked hard on nights and weekends for 2 months, but I passed. Many people do as well. It depends on the person. I know people who have done it in less time. Do not let any one tell you what can and cannot be done with this test, as long as it is not completely a joke (like 1 weekend of studying). I know some one who just passed the FRM with two days of studying.

RealWarriorsOnlyPlease- What did you study(Schweser or CFA)? Also how many pratice exams did you do? I am also doing P.hd Finance and cannot spare more than a few hours every week.