SUPPORT FROM EMPLOYER

Anyone out there has financial support and study leave support from your employer to do CFA Level 2? How much study leave do you get?

I have a budget of 7500 USD but no study leave

No study leave and no financial support, I’m using my own $$$ and vacation time.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No study leave and no financial support, I’m using > my own $$$ and vacation time. +1 I’m pretty sure they will pay annual fees if I earn the Charter.

No financial support, but I get 10days study leave

they pay for exam and all schweser material. get 2 days off but am using a ton of my own vaca time to have the 2 weeks off prior to 6/5

I get three days and am able to take several more days of working from home. I get reimbursed only if I pass.

I get 8 days off and $5k

Why would they give you a $5k budget? The test doesn’t cost that much to take.

I am envious. My company was unwilling to pay for CFA Level I, even though I am a financial analyst. After passing LI last year, the company is still unwilling to pay for LII. I currently have a request for paid time off prior to the exam to study, but it’s like pulling teeth. It’s very frustrating, because of my CFA studies, I have become the go-to guy for unique situations when analyzing companies for the other analysts within my group. You would think that would be worth something. Oh well, not much leverage on my part, considering the real unemployment over 17% right now.

No financial support here. I thought they would reimburse if I passed, but not the case. I could probably take some of my own vacay time, but I didn’t take any for L1 and probably won’t for L2. I figure I’m better off with a bit of distraction those last few days. Otherwise I’ll just panic anyway.

support…HAHAHAHAHA I work in corp finance (treasury analyst) and i quote “the CFA does nothing to help you do your job any better and therefore we are not going to pay for any of it” …because no boss, we dont do anything with CF modeling, nothing with RE valuation, we never use accounting…total BS. this coming from a company that paid for a legal associate to attend a RE valuation course taught at a local U by our SVP so that she could understand what an appraisal does i did get a handshake when I passed L1 though…

InsertNameHere Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am envious. My company was unwilling to pay for > CFA Level I, even though I am a financial analyst. > After passing LI last year, the company is still > unwilling to pay for LII. I currently have a > request for paid time off prior to the exam to > study, but it’s like pulling teeth. It’s very > frustrating, because of my CFA studies, I have > become the go-to guy for unique situations when > analyzing companies for the other analysts within > my group. You would think that would be worth > something. Oh well, not much leverage on my part, > considering the real unemployment over 17% right > now. next time they ask you to do something tell them you have no idea how to do that and that maybe the company should invest in some materials that cover said work, such as those used for the CFAI level 1 exam…

Hahahaha, yeah it would be very fulfilling to be able to say that and other choice words. It’s just very frustrating, I can understand not paying for Level I, given the large number of people that don’t actually sit for the exam when they realize how difficult it is. I just thought that showing that I have the skills and determination to set myself apart would translate into appreciation in the form of money, not just a two sentence email congratulating me. And yes, if you are wondering, I WOULD like cheese with my w(h)ine…

Insert name here, I don’t mean to one-up you [just read your post], but this may come across that way… I am currently taking L2 without the knowledge of my employer. I am, in fact, keeping it from them as something I’m pursuing on my own, because it’s not needed for my current job. My current job is client facing [retail finance WOOO] and as far as higher designations go, the CFP is far more commonly pursued. In fact, I know of one person in my side of the organization who has the CFA [got it before transitioning to client-facing], but he also has his CFP. The CFA would probably raise eyebrows from my colleagues, in the sense of alerting management that I probably didn’t intend to stay in my current job/track. As such, the time and money I spend on the exam are my own. I didn’t get [nor did I expect] a complimentary nod from colleagues or any check reimbursing my registration fees or schweser texts. My friends and family were stoked for me [not to mention my own pride in the achievement] when I passed, but that’s about it. I sort of picture myself as a finance Clark Kent/superman type. By day, I’m mild-mannered, boring Clark Kent. But at night, I go home, crack open my books, AND BECOME SUPERMAN. Oh, except instead of flying around and saving people, I weep bitterly and try to comprehend L2 FSA.

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Insert name here, I don’t mean to one-up you , but > this may come across that way… > > I am currently taking L2 without the knowledge of > my employer. I am, in fact, keeping it from them > as something I’m pursuing on my own, because it’s > not needed for my current job. My current job is > client facing and as far as higher designations > go, the CFP is far more commonly pursued. In > fact, I know of one person in my side of the > organization who has the CFA , but he also has his > CFP. The CFA would probably raise eyebrows from > my colleagues, in the sense of alerting management > that I probably didn’t intend to stay in my > current job/track. > > As such, the time and money I spend on the exam > are my own. I didn’t get a complimentary nod > from colleagues or any check reimbursing my > registration fees or schweser texts. My friends > and family were stoked for me when I passed, but > that’s about it. Wow… This is my exact story to a T. It’s kind of like don’t ask don’t tell. As with anything free is better, but the cost of the CFA is not that much money when you think about what it means.

I have great support from my employer, they pay for study materials and passed exams. I am very happy for this and it’s a real blessing to have an organization that values credentials and enrichment–with their wallet. They also offer time off to study but I don’t take it. My boss would be psyched to know I passed L1 but I just want to wait until I pass all three and can tell him I’m a charterholder (if I pass L3 next summer then my four years experience would coincide with the pass announcement…yeah, getting ahead of myself, but it’s great motivation). It’s great to pass L1, but I need to remember I haven’t done @#!$ until it’s all fini. That’s tough if you have to hide it from your coworkers and boss. Especially if you take vacation to study. them: ‘how was your vacation? where did you go again?’ you: ‘it was amazing. goats and slovakian hookers…uh…not really. *whispers, ashamed* [size=0.001]i was studying[/size]’ them: ‘bummer. good luck on the CFP.’ you: ‘thanks man’

my employer reimburses 80% of the cost incurred…IF I PASS…had i failed I would have got none… Also there is service agreement of 8 months once i accept the reimbursement… :frowning:

My company pays for it if I pass (incl. travel costs), but I get no study leave. If I drop out of the program or leave my employer, they will claw back the reimbursed costs.

Not to be the one up guy, but I have four more years under my service agreement. A crappy economy will certainly make you do some not fun things.