1.5 months for CFA Level II if unemployed

Hi all,

Since you all understand the immensity of Level II study material… I would higly appreciate your opinions…

I started preparing for level II last year, reading from Schwesers, but could not complete it and did not appear for the exam coz of some personal reasons. Honestly, I don’t remember anything from what I had studied except having a little idea of syllabus.

Now, I am unemployed and can easily put 6-7 hours or maybe more, per day … Do you think I have any chance? any guidance from your experience is much appreciated.

Thank :slight_smile:

No, based on what you have said, you have no chance.

We’ve discussed this same topic pretty recently…

Level 2 in one month?http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-ii-forum/91308992

I don’t understand your post. Have you not registered yet? If you already did, and you are unemployed, then give it a shot, so at least you can go out without any regrets. If you haven’t registered, it’s too late to ask this question.

If registered then yes it can be done

I have registered and just started studying… but not getting any motivation to study as it already feels like a lost game… so, wanted to have your views… thanks for ur replies…

Thanks Wendy, that discussion helps…

Well if you are studying with a "it’s already a lost cause " attitude, then give up now. Do, or do not, there is no try

Get your act together, sit down, study 6-7 hours a day and go for it. What on Earth do you have to loose?

[original post removed]

I reckon if you use the Shwesser notes it will only take between 3-5 days (maybe a bit more for equity) to cover a topic assuming you study for most of the day (6 hours plus per day).

Practice the EOC’s, Mocks, Shwesser concept checkers etc… It’s going to be intense but, it can be done for sure if you have 1.5 months absolutely free. You might even have some advantages considering all the material would have been learned recently.

At the very least give it a try, since you signed up already. 1.5 months is just enough time for someone with your circumstances.

Thanks guys!! I feel driven now… As most of you suggested, I am sure it can be done in 1.5 months with high determination…

Also, I have a background in M&A, so some concepts should be familiar…

Thanks & Good luck to all :slight_smile:

Can definitely be done. Starting early is always a plus, especially for people with jobs, and other responsibilities; but being unemployed, and 100% dedicated to this… is totally doable. It will feel long and difficult at times, but I’m sure it can be done.

One recommendation… when I have trouble concentrating at home, I go to a local library (or college library) - no distractions, seeing other people reading, studying is very motivating.

Good luck!

Thanks for your encouragement CFA_Cylon …

Yes it seems difficlut but I would definitely give it a best shot…