Econ videos from Schweser (Bijesh Tolia) were horrible

The econ videos were a bumpy ride. It was painful to follow his mixed americano-indian accent. I wished he stuck with one when speaking. The currency exchange part was unbearable so I had to start with the notes

1 Like

I agree with you

I couldn’t really understand him enough, nothing personal I’m sure hes a good teacher.

i fell asleep watching one of his videos, and after that, i would control the pace of the slides and fast forward thru the easier sections…he was rough to get thru

exactly…andy holmes is way better

Andy holmes is the man. He should lecture every single video.

He’s the Level II program manager at Kaplan so I am sure he knows his stuff. I agree that the videos weren’t great but there’s no need to bring accents into it.

Well, you can master your subject and not be able to teach…

1 Like

I am on that currency section and I completely agree. That part needs more work.

that guy himself is horrible.

I just simply skipped any videos as soon as I saw his face.

I am glad he doesn’t speak in level 3.

Andrew Holmes lost quite bit weight recently I think.

I watched some his old videos, he appeared to be a lot fatter than now.

I hate all of you. I’m hating on his videos right now. AND going to his LIVE class this week. FML.

I wasn’t a huge fan of Schweser from L1 so I made the switch to Elan. (I did buy the mocks from Schweser, however). FX was actually my favorite session so far. You can always buy the individual video from Elan, but quick disclaimer: six hours and eighteen minutes with an accent as well…but a far more managable one. It’s also only 5-10% so its not that big of a deal to know, relatively speaking.

I miss Doug Van Eaton lol

Peter Olinto deserves an Oscar for his performance.

Peter Olinto is the man. Clear, simple, straight to the point and really helps you understand the concepts instead of brainwashing you with a monotone voice reading from a script. Also he’s got a great sense of humor that often gets me in those lonely dark nights and brings a smile to my face.

Basit is good too, only when I have trouble sleeping then I would play one of his videos. Works every single time.

Bijesh is on the London Live Classes…sigh :confused:

Agree.

I just noticed that this time Bijesh is the Instructor for the London Time Online Class again (starts in January 2015) … Having seen the economics section (Reading 12 and 14) i will prefer and enjoy the recorded session of Andrew Holmes as an alternative.

I totally agree… His accent is a disaster actually.

My Rankings cool

1. Andy Holmes

2.Jon Bone

1. Mark

4.Bijesh

Andy should do the entire video series. He is pretty cool.