Guess the MPS & your chances of passing

I feel with so many tricks & theory questions, where you could not be 100 % sure, MPS cant be higher then 63 %.

My chances of passing could be around 60-70%.

We can not know. I hope mps is low.

A question: the exams we took were different? Does the cfai makes any adjustment including the results of the candidates? I mean: if everyone gets a great score does the mps is higher than if they had not?

Best regards, Jorge

Low enought so we can pass!

No its pretty same, they may have change AM q to PM in different parts of world. I am saying it will be low because there were lots of traps in FRA, Equity & also theory questions which feel easy to ansser & you will felt confident after finishing, if they would have asked you more problems then you know either you are able to solve or not. In theory there is very high chances of messing up .

And yes if every one end up scoring high then MPS can go up also. Here AF forum sample size is very small not a true representative of entire CFA candidates, hence it biased up. You can refer to last yr exam results which I felt easier then this, I was a band 10 last year.

Everyone has to take the same questions otherwise the MPS would be skewed. They can’t switch up AM-PM in the same test center or there would be problems. The only thing they could do is rearrange the order of the item sets. This would actually help catch cheaters in theory as you’d be looking at someone else’s paper and thus similar patterns in answers but different item sets.

Im positive that there are entirely different exams around the world.

Different questions or jumbled item sets? If the questions are different how can they set the MPS?

Yes.

There has to be, because Asian/Indians could call their friends in their home country and know what’s on the exam.

Its been just one day and i am freaking out already ! Hoping MPS to be around 60-65%, I feel i might pass by a slight mqargin.

P.s What’s your anticipation of the MPS ?

the inefficiencies are meant to be MINIMIZED, they can’t be completely swept off. I don’t think there are different questions in different parts of the world.

I agree with providence.

There are different exams with different Mps.

I don’t think there are different exams.maybe the questions are in different orders but I don’t think we have different exams. Otherwise how is everybody complaining about pm and alternatives? People from the US, Africa (me) and Asia??

I am not complaining about ALt,portfolio.

I donot think any Indian who has studied Alt will complain about it.

Says the Indian who doesn’t understand hyperbole

I may not understand “hyperbole” but i surely understand that CFAI will have different questions for different time zones.

There is 14 hrs time difference between USA and Australia.

In today’s world of electronic media there are lots of opportunites for arbitrage if the “paper” is same in USA and Australia.

Calm down guys, we’re all on the same side - all hoping to pass. Bottom line is that it would be pretty difficult to set a MPS if questions and item sets are different. Mixing up the order, however, seems like a smart way to catch cheaters. Took my exam in GH as well but ppl elsewher seem to have the same gripe.

Mixing up orders does not prevent cheating.

If i know “X” is going to apper in the exam,i will prepare my self accordingly to solve “x”.

The fact that “X” appears in my AM/PM does not matter as long as i know how to solve “X”.

…and i found this

http://www.analystforum.com/comment/91314751#comment-91314751

“…As for Aukland vs San Francisco, this is why Oceana and Asian locations get a slightly different test than than North America and Europe.”