Guess the MPS & your chances of passing

Well maybe there are two MPSs? Anyway, what are you worried about? I think you’ve already made it clear to everybody that you can’t fail the exam lol. Good luck to all and hope that MPS is 60% :frowning:

Edit double post

We often hear stories that “Mr.X” scored >70% (assume in US ) in 8 subjects but failed ,Mr. Y scored 70< in 4 and still passed.

This is only possible if Mps is different across time zones.

Here is an example:

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-general-discussion/91327932

I can fail with 2% probablity.

All such cases are justifiable if you look at the spreadsheet I posted in the other thread. The ranges in the scores would produce many such scenarios with aggregates such that Mr Y still has a higher overall score than Mr X - even disregarding the Ethics kicker for passing which is well established.

I know what you are saying.

I have seen people(from different time zones) getting same grades in exactly same sections and yet one fails and another one passes.

+1

This too is explained by the spreadsheet on a pure aggregate basis.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the mps is around 62%, I think I got just above this

In no way there are different exams for different time zone or for that matters different MPS.

Ya Rahul agree with you if you have studied well one would not find any subject tough. However I messed up with Portfolio as make a minor mistake in a formula which has resulted in 2 wrong answer & another dependent question wrong as well.

However even you should agree that was not on expected lines, there were unexpected questions, which were not even mentioned in EOC.

How do you know??

CFAI has informed you about their testing policies??

The only way for you to know there are different questions is if you discussed questions with someone in a different area of the world. That is a violation. I’ll assume you didn’t violate any procedutes. Therefore, we can’t say with any certainty whether there are different questions.

And we 'can’t" say with certainity that there were same questions.

But people getting the same matrices and one passing and one failing does not support your point rahul. Someone who got greater than 70 could score anywhere between 71 and 100 with varying effects on their performance relative to the mps

+1.

it does not prove my hypothesis.

who cares?

Noone here wants to arbitrage. Let them idiots be idiots and chill out.

so i counted my scores today and i feel am scoring between 65-70% with probably 50% on ethics!

u think i have a chance?

How did you manage to count your score ?

well.i checked.some of the questionsi had a doubt on…

scoring slightly above 70% in fra and equity…90% on derivatives…66.67% in corp finance and port mgt…

i did decent on quants, a.i and debt so.giving myself 4 marks for each item set on it…

and econ and ethics were randon guesses with me being sure.of only like 6-7 questions.

averages out between 65-70%

I think it’s perfectly plausible to believe there are different exams and different MPS’ for different regions of the world. It’s a full 12 hour difference between New York City and Shanghai. I believe 14 hour difference between Sydney and New York City. Many of us are employed by global financial companies that have big offices in these cities and could easily get contacts through work. Technology has made it very easy and inexpensive to communicate with people on the other side of the world.

CFAI isn’t full of a bunch of dummies. They know this. If there were large scale cheating scandals it’d hurt the reputation of the Institute and they must protect against that. I hope they are being pro-active in this manner.

I’d be very surprised if people in NYC, Sydney, Mumbai, London, Shanghai, etc. were all taking the same exam.