Probability that MPS is <65%

Hello all,

Can anyone share honest opinions on the MPS? Is there a strong chance it can be less then 65% this year?

MPS can be 70% as well as 60%.Nothing can be said with 100% certainity.

Sounds like lots of people guessed on a large amount of questions (some people posting they guessed on 35% of the exam which to me seems REALLy high), and just based on what I heard people saying at my test centre at lunch and afterwards I think the heart of the curve will land in the 58-60% range and my guess for MPS is 63-65% … this is a pure guess though. It’s crazy to think how tight the scores will probably be to the MPS and how big of a difference a few guesses on the exam will make. Makes me happy I knew ethics really well so you can hope to get the bump off that

I can say with 100% certainty the MPS will be between 30% and 75%

lol

i say with 99.9% confidence that the MPS is between 1 and 99% lol

It should most probably be around 67%.

My reasoning, in case someone randomly bubbles only A/B/C, that person will theoretically get a 33.3% on the exam. So the score has to be 66.6% this will mean that the person has to beat the minimum guessing score, and on the remaining percentage (66.6%) get atleast half right. Makes sense. Plus/Minus a few marks to adjust difficulty.

Basically;

33% + 67%*50% = pasing score.

Per Schweser it is typically a 65%, and I find them to be a fairly reliable source of information.

I’m confident between 58%-65%.

I really doubt I’ll be greater than 70%

all the secomd time takers are saying the paper was harder than last year…so the mps might be lower

I think it will be around 65%-66%, and that is based on the estimated 40/60/80 scores posted on the Results pages of past years of this website.

I will say that I was really thrown off by one item set (U.S. test) and was surprised by some other topics they didn’t test. Maybe that lowers the MPS by a point but who knows.

Why don’t you all stop worrying about what the hypothetical MPS is. You’re never going to find out what it was nor what your score was, so it doesn’t really matter, now does it?

I’m counting on PM and derivatives to lower the MPS

I think this can be somewhere around 61-65 %,

I’m a second time taker and this was waaaaaay ****ing easier than last years.

Night and day difference.

Why don’t you not click on the thread and wate our time with your post if you know the posts are going to be of this nature. We know what we think the mps is doesn’t matter but it’s just discussion.

Why did you even take the cfa exam, you’re going to die anyway, so it doesn’t really matter, now does it?

Agreed, SimplyAdvised, as a second time taker, too, the exam seemed much more straightforward this time around. That said, I studied 300+ hours last year and nearly 500 hours this year so IMHO the exam was going to naturally feel smoother.

+2… I’m a 2nd timer for L2… this exam was considerably easier than last year’s, seemed more like a L1 exam, breadth over depth.

yall are making me feel uncomfortable now,if i already wasnt

Corporate FInance, PM and Alts were easier last year. The only topic IMO that was easier this year was ethics. Felt economics, derivatives, FRA, equities were on par with last year.

I would be singing a different tune if the afternoon (my afternoon) was as easy as my morning. Then i would say they were on par with each other.