Unite for a Valid Complaint! Make Our Voices Heard!

My complaint is not so much about the degree of difficulty of the questions as much as the layout of the exam. There should be a standard that vignettes are always on opposite facing page from the associated item set questions to the best extent they can be. It’s so ridiculous that we need to flip back-and-forth between pages to looks at the questions and reference the vignette. It would take a few more “INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK” pages but it would significantly reduce the needless page turning which disrupts the exam environment and wastes precious time. Submit this request to the following “Exam Administration Comments” link and join the crusade to end this madness! Just copy and paste the second paragraph of this post when you make your submission.

To submit a comment, follow these steps:

1. Click on the Exam Administration Comments link above.
  2. Select “ CFA Program ” from the drop-down list in the “I have an inquiry about” field.
  3. Select June 2014 Test Center Comment from the drop-down list in the “Specifically” field.
  4. Enter only your test center code (PDF) in the subject line.
  5. To ensure appropriate follow-up measures, include your CFA Institute candidate number and specific details in the comment field.

Flipping pages really isn’t that big of a deal.

I’m not being mean, but if flipping papers is such a big problem for you then you’d better quit the CFA program

My comment has to do with the efficiency of the examination process. Am I mistaken in my belief that it is more efficient to eliminate page turning than not? It has nothing at all to do with my qualifications of successfully passing the CFA exam series.

You are correct. It would be more efficient to exclusively have the reading on the left page and questions on the right. Good luck getting it changed though. Unless it saves CFAI money it won’t happen.

This is just another way CFAI is retaining exclusivity of the Charter, by testing candidates “page-turning” ability in addition to the LOS.

dont like it, dont take the exams

Think about the trees, man.

Seems like a silly attitue to have when CFAI makes an effort to solicit constructive feedback from candidates who take the exams, don’t you think? If CFAI truly didn’t care, then they wouldn’t ask. I’ve worked closely with CFAI in a non candidate capacity for a number of years and understand that they evaluate candiadate and member fedback very seriously.

Yes, but the feedback needs to actually be constructive. This is along the same lines of complaining about the font CFAI chooses. No offense, but this is a ridiculous proposal. Save your time

Haha, are you serious? You must be able to come up with better excuses in case you didn’t pass…

Double…

Hahaha… Touche KJames05! When you put it in that manner, I see how my battle cry was misplaced. I would probably die laughing if I heard an analyst on an earnings call complain about how many pages he/she had to turn when analzing their B/S. Good stuff man.

Fully agree with gslogan. And I am well surprised to find so many meaningless replies. the suggestion was just to improve the format and make it more smart, more convinient for candidates, but not the way to justify poor results if they were so.

Just wait for the AM section of level 3. That is a whole other level of page flipping.

yeah, level 3 am paper is a flip-a-thon. Templates mixed in between lined pages, 4 page vignettes, more time pressure then you can imagine and a constant feeling that you’re not going to finish.

+1 to gslogan, it’s pitiful that a “gold-standard” org like CFAI, does a half-ass job formating the text/print for an exam. It’s very distracting in a timed exam to have to flip around that much, making noise, disturbing your table-mate and v.v. If an analyst put a pitch-book together with such sloppy formatting she would be fired on the spot.

Further, half-ass’edness to wit, the electronic version of CFAI books is pititul, chart’s/tables cut-off, running to the next page, the new font is harder to read, black&white print is cheap.

Another example of half-ass effort is the electronic book vendor CFAI uses, VitalSource, whose e-book formats don’t scale to the 7" tablets. Look at the very low ratings for VitalSource in the IOS or Android store.

CFAI has turned into a half-ass gov-like beauracacy-- totally UNSAT!

^

I thought VitalSource was awful … Too bad I’ll be dealing with them again next year

But I think your last statement about the CFAI is unfair … They did correct their mistake with regard to the mock exam … a half-*** gov-like beauracacy– wouldn’t respond so quickly

But I think your last statement about the CFAI is unfair … They did correct their mistake with regard to the mock exam … a half-*** gov-like beauracacy– wouldn’t respond that quickly