Rahul Roy's Celebration Evening

At 11:30 PM local time in New Dehli, Rahul Roy will receive his email from the CFA Institute. He will look at it for a second and take a giant breath before hovering his mouse over the email to trepedatiously click on it. Plastered on his wall are National Treasure movie posters and proud tapestries of ancient punjabi tribes in the north fighting off the British hordes in the 17th century. Stationed in the corner is a mini olympic bench, replete with a seldom-used leg extension device. There is a must in the air…

This is pure gold

a gem…

gem of a thread…

Can’t wait for the straight to TV PBS mini-series

I guess some whacky British betting website already has bets out on whether he passes and what his first reaction will be…

Will there BE a celebration?

Ten years ago I made a $341 bet that Rahul Roy would pass his Level 2 CFA exam within ten years. Odds were 500 to 1 at the time (ouch!). If he does pass, I should be able to cover the costs of a good celebration.

10 years ago…i was only 13 years old…

Epic post…

Never underestimate the power of a CFA legend in Rahul Roy.

LOL Rahul

^lol

Rahul closes his eyes as the screen uploads to reveal his fate. This step he considers superfluous, as Rahul has already confirmed that the seven questions he ‘guessed’ on June 7th were predominately correct, with the sole exception of a manipulative question in the afternoon session(currently pending a response from the CFA Institute on a complaint filed 6/7/14 at 8:13 pm). To Rahul, the congratulatory email from the CFA Institute is nothing more than a process, a perfunctory gatekeeper. He knows he passed, and only needs this email to confirm he can receive the next wave of books from Charlottesville, VA, USA.

Next to the keyboard lay his cellular device. He had made a pact with his friend and fellow L2 candidate Gurjindar Singh that, when results came in on the evening of the 29th, they would meet in person at their favorite western pub, THE LAKERS, in the Shahdara district. Both had agreed to exchange a code word via text when the results arrived to signal the start of the night of celebration, or possible celebration/consolation with Gurjindar being the possible recipient of the latter. It wasn’t even a consideration that it could be a night of mutual disappointment. Gurjindar knew this, he just wanted to be seen with Rahul Roy. Of course Rahul knew Gurjindar would pass. He had tutored him for 3 months on Equity and FSA and every single bluebox from both L1 and L2. This was of benefit to Rahul too, as teaching the material added an additional layer of confidence to his preparation…

I admire your talent for building tension, cant wait for the next part ^^

Bet365.com has opened betting on the number of sections Rahul Roy did not score over 70% in. They opened the betting line with an even money over/under of 1.5. However a whale from India, identity not known, bet the line quickly down to 0.5.

https://www.tedbets.com/

This guy has story telling talent… i see a career in writing childrens bed time books

This is hilarious. The legend continues to build…

CFAI is offering a September 2014 re-take conditional on RAHUL ROY’s pass/fail results…

This reminds me of the episode of Big Bang Theory when Sheldon is absolutely riveted by Howard’s storytelling/suspense-building abilities while playing that game Dungeons & Dragons…

Rahul Roy’s celebratory dance ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afKKlwPLHQ4

Great story btw, waiting for the next part