Rahul Roy's Celebration Evening

Watch this dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ePL8alRh0

OP has great script writing skills.

hehe…CFAI should appoint Rahul Roy as its brand ambassador.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiP14ED28CA

Gurjindar is a stocky fellow, stemmed from affluence. His father, Vikrum Singh, stood 6’3 and was the sole proprietor of the third largest taxi company in New Dehli. Of Gurjindar’s friends, Rahul was by far his favorite. Vikrum first met Rahul 5 years ago at a pool party for Gurjindar’s 18th birthday celebration. The accomplished man of an early 51 years sat in yellow swim trunks at the corner of the pool underneath an umbrella, drinking Gentleman Jack Daniels and nodding unenthusiastically through his sunglasses and Dominican cigar to the hundreds of sycophantic parasites as they made their way past his table. It was at this moment that he noticed a nascent Rahul, well groomed and polite, speaking to a number of young men in a semi circle. The boys were gravitating toward Rahul, their eyes and posture looking to Rahul as if he were the bright stars in the Uttarakhand sky. He was impressed by Rahul’s wisdom and confidence, evidenced by overhearing Rahul calmly repeat a familiar maxim: “When you are young, work to learn not to earn.” With those words, the cigar in Vikrum’s mouth fell to his inner thigh as he stealthily got up from his chair and moved through the masses to meet this man of burgeoning potential, paying no attention to the painful fact that he burned himself just seconds earlier. “My name is Vikrum, welcome to my home.” His smile now made up half of his face as his brilliant teeth demonstrated every form of hospitality. “I am Rahul, your home is beautiful. I would like to own such a house someday.” Vikrum was beaming with pride, yet curious at the young friend before him. “What are your interests?” he inquired in a bellowing voice. “Equities” replied Rahul. Upon hearing those words leave Rahul’s mouth, Vikrum broke out in hysterical laughter. Folding over as the result of unrestrained amusement, he placed his left hand on his knee for support and was careful not to spill his whiskey. “Sorry to laugh my friend, but the Dow is at 7,000. The world markets are in turmoil, and you want to dance with the devil?” A stoic Rahul replied “I will make you a wager. You place 180,000 rupee in American Express, JP Morgan Chase, and Caterpillar, and in 5 years time, your son, Gurjindar, will be a CFA L3 candidate and you will have more than doubled your money. Additionally, if my predictions are true, you will fund our night of celebration in late July of the year 2014.” Unbeknownst to Vikrum, the entire party had encircled the conversation, frozen with their mouths agape at the challenge presented. “Gurjindar is a… good boy… but I… I was going to teach him the taxi busin… Ha, you want to learn the taxi business, right Gurjindar?” A silence fell over the party as his son’s eyes looked at his father then crossed to Rahul, finally down in shame and non -confrontation. “Your son wants to learn about markets, Mr. Singh. I want to learn with him.” Upon hearing this, Vikrum took a step back, and his eyes glanced over to his son and then to Rahul. He started to nod his head as a tacit means of acceptance. Rahul walked over to Gurjindar and placed his hands on his shoulders. “Happy Birthday my friend”, said Rahul in a low, sincere voice. Rahul then made his way to the stairs to exit the party. When he was on the 8th step leading to the back door of the estate, Vikrum called at to Rahul. “Wait! Rahul! The wager! What do I get? What happens if your predictions are wrong!?“ Rahul looked over the guests of the party as they anticipated his response and then his eyes found Vikrums.

“They won’t be.” At this Rahul turned back and left the party.

Back at his apartment at 11:38 PM, the screen uploaded to reveal Rahul’s fate regarding the L2 exam.

Dear Rahul Roy, Congratulations! We are very pleased to inform you that you passed the June 2014 Level II CFA exam….

Rahul gave a cursory glance over the results and saw that he had scored above 70% in each section.

He was receiving a text message from his friend Gurjindar. He picked up the phone and looked at the screen, the code words appeared “Chaloo yeh kaaro”

“Chaloo yeh kaaro” in Hindi means: Let’s fucking roll.

^

You should be making movies in hollywood…seriously fucking awesome story telling skills…

Haha that was great. F*ck Hollywood, should be writing books.

Holy crap. That is some great writing and story telling skills. I highly encourage you to write a book. It might serve you much better than the CFA.

not to rain on your parade… but gentleman jack is not a bourbon. Though delicious, it is not a bourbon. I know, I know… it’s a menial detail to point out in such a great story. Had to do it though since I have family in the bourbon business. Carry on with this suspenseful saga!

Yes, yes I came across this very minor mistake as well. But I am sure once he becomes a famour author, he would have people proofreading his work for him!

Corrected. My mistake. Thank you.

WOW!!!

this is absolutely AMAZING. You have incredible writing skills and story telling ability. I am so intrigued and want to hear more… please PLEASE PLEASE continue the story!!

I am not easily impressed by much. However, this is one hell of a talent! Great work! Screw investing, you’re in the wrong industry my friend. Start writing ASAP. An imagination like this MUST BE DISCOVERED.

I’d buy Willa Cather a beer,

Thank you for the entertaining story! Can you do a “Mercury Rising” version where Rahul saves the world?

Thanks agian! I look forward to reading more!

is there chicks at this party or just typical sausage fest?

^

good question igor sir.

what did I read – “igor sir”!! - so much respect RR

^

I am trying to end my cold war with igor.

Now it is upto igor if he wants to end this war.

seriously? so you two are going to be friends again, thats nice though we’ll miss your internet fights… cmon igor be a good boy too and shake hands with RR

Rahul Roy vs. Igor needs to be a sequel to the Willa Cather Story about Rahul Roy and his magical journey to CFA Stardom

I bet Igor cockblocks RR at his celebration party.