what time do you open the email 9am?

let’s face it…after six months of studying, two months of waiting…as soon as it’s in my email box i want to see the results.

But seriously, this is one email you need to be emotionally ready to get the results, good or bad. i know both sides of the coin, having tore it open at 9:15 after hitting refresh nine times and then reading the FAIL letter.

I’ve also stepped out of the office at 9:30am, walked to a park, and opened it there after a few short prayers. that was a PASS, hence i’m here and thinking i’m going the same route next week.

when are you opening your email?

I’m ready for a fail, but I just want to see it already. I have a lot riding on this one, a promo in the balance. I honestly just want to know I failed and move on so I’ll be opening the damn thing right away. 48 hours to sulk and move on.

Opening right away. Last year I saw it on my phone during a meeting because I couldn’t help myself. I blocked off my morning this year :slight_smile:

I’ll be reading it as I come out of the shower. Maybe I could put my phone in a ziploc bag and open the email in the shower?

I’ll either be working from home or taking the day off. Haven’t decided yet. But in either case I’ll be waking up at 8:45 and then checking my email every 15min. Last year I was stuck in traffic and got the email right when I got to the office at around 10.

Btw does anyone remember if gmail on android lets you preview the “Congrats”/“We regret” part? I can’t test out my level 1 email cuz I had it forwarded to my boss.

Gmail did that for my Level I results. Wonder if that will be the case for Level II though!

For me, the results come out at 18:30 local time. By that time, I am so pysched with all people around me asking about the results that I am hitting the refresh button like a madman.

Results are emailed at 0600 here, so I have a Gmail filter set up on the word “congratulations” and forwarded via sms to my phone so I’ll know immediately if I pass. If I don’t receive an sms that about 0900, well, it’s a fail.

When you open the email, containing results, cover it with your palm or sheet of paper . Move slowly your paper/palm to uncover the first letter of the email (after your number and Dear… name). If the letter is “W” (we regret blablabla ) you failed, if it is “C”, (Congratulations blabla) you passed. I wish you Cs, which are much more desirable in this case than at school.

I will be at the beach with my wife. I’ll take a walk alone. ponder lifes deepest secrets and then open the email on a lonely stretch of sand… that way with a fail I’ll collapse in tears before my long swim offshore and with my pass I’ll do a dance no one wants to see. Then… a bottle of vodka to celebrate the win or a bottle of vodka to help me forget I have to redo all this again for the next year.

Some candidates last year got their results 6 hours later, brutal, so make sure you have something planned to pass the time. I disabled the preview feature on my phone just to allow myself a few seconds to prepare lol

Gmail on android shows the first sentence of the email, that’s how I found out my L1 results. Knew the weight of the world would be on my finger as I clicked to open the email, but luckily Gmail broke the news for me and I didn’t have to do that.

I didn’t even receive the email last year. CFAI posted on their FB page at the end of the day that all emails had been sent out but I knew I did not receive mine (not in spam either!) - this was about 6:00PM. I had to call them and THAT’s when I got my email. Hopefully I’m a bit luckier this year. The wait all day was brutal.

Results should hit my email account while I’m driving to the office. I plan to settle in at work, then open it when I’m mentally ready for what will most likely be a fail. There’s no way I’m opening it while I’m driving, no matter how eager I am right now and will be come Tuesday morning…

I’ll be on a plane with my boss, headed to a client meeting. Unfortunately, we’re chartering out to the client meeting and spending the next 4-5 hours meeting with them, only to turn around and hop right back on the plane. The last thing I really want to do is open the email around my boss, even though I’m fully expecting to pass.

Immediately after the exam, I thought I had a 50% chance of passing. As time has gone on, I found myself telling others that my chances of passing are maybe 40%. Obviously, nothing should have changed from my original estimate. I’m simply growing more negative for whatever reason. I will absolutely not look at the preview of the Gmail email on my phone. I’ll have my phone turned upside down and when I hear I received an email, I’ll go outside the office and open it.

I might just delete it.

I feel the pain brother.

We have a small office and I’m not optomistic about my chances for L2. So I’ll probably dip out to the bathroom to check in privacy

Oh dear…