Probability of passing CFA exam - Googlesheet version
Because some people contact me and demand an Excel file for calculating the probability of passing. So, I make this spreadsheets and you can guess your probability of passing.
the code VBA is in this post
You change 4 cells (in green and yellow) (and don’t touch grey cells)
Nb MPS: the minimum passing score (in percentage) fixed by CFAI (it can be 70% , 65% or 62%, I don’t know)
- Nb_estimated_right_answers : The number right questions in your estimation
- Nb_sure_wrong_answers: The number wrong questions you found
- p: probability of success of each educated guess (I think it is equal to 1/3 , you can put 0.5, it’s up to you)
- Nb_educated_guesses = 120 - Nb_sure_right_answers - Nb_sure_wrong_answers
Example: if you think
- Nb MPS = 65%
- Nb_estimated_right_answers = 70
- Nb_sure_wrong_answers = 10
- p = 50%
your probability of success is 78.33%.
PS: I want to share the Excel file, but for some reasons I can’t do that. That’s why I make this google spreadsheet.