Mock exams for level 2?

Hi forum,

This question I’d say is more for those who passed level 2 but I am open to ideas from anyone. I plan on taking 6 Schweser mocks, 2 mocks from CFAI, and 3 mocks from Mark Meldrum. I am looking for additional mock exams to take as I feel 11 may not be enough. Any suggestions on any other good providers for level 2 mock exams? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone taking the exam this June!

im doing the 6 schewers, the 4 CFAI, and I have 2 wiley. From my reserach, wiley is suppose to be the most realistic.

Thanks for the heads up on Mark Meldrum. i will give his mocks a try too. … hope his stuff is good.

Did you guys do all the practice problems on the CFAI site? There’s a ton of questions to do there.

Ok Wiley may be a good choice then thanks. I used him a lot to supplement for level 1 and it was extremely helpful the guy really seems to know his stuff not too expensive either I’d highly recommend him to anyone as a good supplemental source.

I will probably do those questions during the last month when I’m not doing mocks but I noticed there are significantly less questions compared to level 1. Are the questions vignette style?

They are all Vignettes. Some are very hard.

Yes the CFAI practice problems are ridiculously hard.

In my experience across all the levels, the IFT mocks were by quite some distance the most accurate and reflective of the actual exam. I must have done 14 mocks last year for level 2 from Kaplan, Fitch, Finquiz, and CFA official, and the three from IFT blew the rest ouf the water.

Where can you find 4 CFA practice exams? I only found 1 from the website.

He probably meant 2 exams with 2 sessions each.

Yea there are only 2 full mocks CFAI offers.

I was actually looking into IFT this weekend and glad you said that. Seems to be they are the way to go. Good luck this June and I appreciate your input I bet your excited for level 3!

Strange, I read IFT was far too easy and people were scoring 85%+ on them and still failing the exam. That’s why I didnt go with them even though their cost is low for the number of mocks.

I bought IFT exams this year and tried two of them.

Compared to schweser exams, they are useless in terms of difficulty, wording, genuinity, and the explanations of the correct answers.

Many of their questions are copied from the practice vignettes given on the CFA website with slight change.

Wouldn’t this make them the most representative exams then? If they are the closest to the CFAI questions?

Well some sections that are just copied from the CFA practice are representative. (with bad explanations of the answers)

For the others, schweser exams are just better in every aspect.

But if you are not doing schweser exams, than there is no harm in doing IFT ones.

That is precisely why they are very good, they take concepts from EOC, and Topic Tests and blend them into new item sets. I am guessing you are a first time taker of the L2 Exam? Following the official exam in June last year it was quite clear that the IFT mocks were more accurate of the actual test then the other providers. (Fitch mocks were very good too)

Schweser mocks I hate, they are nothing like the exam but some people like them because they test you ability to think of topics in different ways to the other providers.

Anyway, just my two cents. I don’t have any afilliation with any of these guys, but I know what worked for me and a few of my mates.

No worries mate. Find what works best for you! Excited and apprehensive. Finish line is close, but L3 brings a whole new host of challenges to level 2. Good luck with your prep!

I may just try the IFT to give more variety… I have all current Kaplan, CFAI and wileys… i was pacing myself only taking 1 per week so I dont run out but I might do 2 a week since IFT offers a few more…

Were you able to purchase the Wiley mocks by themselves or did you just study with Wiley and get one of there packages?