Mock exams for level 2?

I just purchased the wiley qbank/mock combo. They didnt give an option just to get the mocks. I actually find their qbanks pretty useful, better than Schweser qbank a lot.

I’m studying with Schewser notes.

The option to get the mocks alone is available now.

From what provider?

Yes looks like Wiley is offering 2 mocks for $65 now. Just last month it only came bundled with qbank for $195.

Hey guys just a heads up if you plan on getting mocks through IFT they are the same as those offered through Mark Meldrum

How many CFAI practice probs have you guys done so far? Additionally what percentile are you at overall? I’ve completed 166 of the 384 total and currently sit in the 70th percentile.

I haven’t started those yet. My plan is to do all of those in June leading up to the exam.

They are brutal. I have done all the quant, ethics, PM and FRA ones available. Quant score 60 percent, Ethics 64 percent, FRA 65 percent, PM 50 percent (will need to obviously study a ton more there). So If I am in the top third of candidates attempting these questions yet my average score is right at 60, that speaks to their difficulty I think or does it? What other sources are you using for practice problems?

They are crazy hard. I’m sitting at 94th percentile with 82% on the practice problems at 69% on mocks. 100% complete with all questions. The mocks have a lot more weight I think.

So you are definitely passing the exam is what you are saying. Not that we know the percent of people that will pass this year but let’s say for instance, if EVERYONE did all the CFAI practice questions, then being at the 53rd percentile (with 47 percent of people passing the exam last June) means you are borderline and would, in theory, pass based on last year’s results…

I honestly don’t think the percentile is very reliable. Some people may be doing open book practice and others may not be taking the practice questions seriously. Like sometimes I was doing the practice questions and I got distracted with work, and just rushed through answer them to make it to a meeting.

I like Kaplan’s feature that lets you compare the exact test you did with the other people.

Did a mock and got 80 while the average score was 54%. That’s I think a better gauge. Did my 2nd mock and scored 71% but the average this time was 49%.

Other than Schweser, Wiley, IFT, CFA Boston Society and the CFA mock, which mocks you suggest i should try ?

Open book CFAI tests brutal I dn wanna mess up with my confidence

I’m using Schweser Qbank and Mark Meldrum’s practice questions for the time being

The practice problems on the CFAI site are fine, but some of them are hard for the wrong reasons. Some questions are too hard because they are tedious or involve too many calculations. The questions on the exam tend to be straightforward. If there’s math, you can solve in one or two steps.

I prepared with AdaptPrep’s Qbank (as well as the CFAI’s official questions). You want to find a question bank the replicates the difficulty and style of the actual exam as closely as possible.

I have done all the readings 4 times and still 3 more times to do before the exam. All the EOC questions were done 3 times and BB & CFAI online practice twice. 18 full Mocks exams done till today. Mark Meldrum 3 mocks (avg# 89%) IFT 3 mocks (avg#91%) Schweser 6 mocks (avg# 88%) CFAI Old 4 Mocks (avg#89%) CFAI New 2 Mocks (avg#90%)

Still I am not sure whether is it enough or do I need more practice???

afraid you have much more work to go. You need 98% correct to be certain.

Nice job I’d feel pretty confident if I were you but you should obviously still practice until exam day and the IFT and Mark Meldrum mock exams are the same

Just wanted to let anyone who’s struggling to find additional mocks know there is a provider called Konvexity I recently discovered who offers 3 mock exams for $30 and even have a combo package for $45 which also comes with 30 topic tests with 5 vignettes per test I jumped on that quick with no questions asked questions seem pretty quality too

Thank you! I will give them a try this week :slight_smile: