What topics are you skipping?

There are areas that you know you could put more time into understanding/mastering, but you might be skipping it for various reasons.

Ethics

lol valuing calls and options. not the payoff/ max gains/losses, break even for straddles/spreads/covered calls/puts but like the actual valuation of them. Sincerely have zero interest in learning it and I am scoring well enough overall on mocks. If it’s tested, it will be 1-2 percent of the exam score max and I am a decent guesser.

Other than that, never really learned a ton on how to value a capped or floater bond in FI. However, I do know how to value calls with embedded options or option free with interest rate tree.

accounting and equity.

no way

Alts and prob portflio mngt.

There’s a good chance of 12 questions in either alts or port mgmt (higher chance)

I skipped “using interest options to create other derivative instruments” and “equivalence of swaps to other derivative instruments” and, luckily, I’ve been scoring high in these subjects.

Quant. Literally choosing A for all 6 questions and moving on.

Thats a good move. Stick to one choice, you may get 2-3 right.

You’re screwed if you get a second Quant vignette

I used to find Quant challenging but not anymore. Haven’t scored under 80 in any TT or mock in it for a while. There is actually a decent chance at two quant vignettes. I have a feeling there will be max for derivatives also. :frowning:

I’m hoping for 4 FI and 3 DERV but my guess is, the FI shows 10-20% while DERV shows 5-15%, and because of the overlap between the two, the total will likely be 6 vignettes between FI + DERV… so its ether gonna be 3FI/3DERV or 4FI/2DERV…

My worse case scenario would be 2 FI and 1 DERV… ouch!

Then you go all Bs. simple.

Haha it’s kinda fun to guess but I would bet there isn’t the max tested in FI. IMHO I think Alts and PM should be max tested. Not because I like them or am good at them either. Just seems like knowing these areas well are more important for where finance is heading today (ie Algorithms)

Really not skipping anything, but definitely not going back over Alt and PM like I am for the rest of the topics.

Skipping nothing.

If you pass the exam doing this at least you’ll know you got perfect scores on everything else! :slight_smile:

Skip topics at your peril.

Who can skip the most topics and stil pass!? thats the game.