Schweser Mock Exams

Does anyone have input on the Schweser volume 1 mocks vs the volume 2 mocks. Each volume has 3 mocks. Has anyone done both volumes and have thoughts on them? Thanks!

I’ve done the full volume 1, and I’ve done two exams on volume 2.

Overall, volume 2 is slightly harder imo. I like the exams, appear to be solid.

Vol 1 was okay for me. Vol 2 was better.

Alright thank you! Have you done any of the other provider’s mocks like Wiley or Konvexity?

Done everything out there (thats worth doing)

Wiley, Konvexity, Schweser, IFT, Boston, CFAI

Do you think I am better of buying the Schweser Volume 2 or the Konvexity set? I currently have Wiley and Schweser volume 1.

Between Schweser and Konvexity, I like them the same. I would go with Konvexity to get a different flavor. They are both better than Wiley imo.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated!

I personally like the schwesr mocks. I think konvexity mocks are alright, but the review answers are not the best.

What about IFT are they worth the time?

I personally think the CFAI mocks are the best, and I am frustrated that they don’t offer exam B with a printable version. I am also doing schweser which I find harder than the CFAI mocks in general. I had the same experience with lvl 1.

Anyone found a way to print version B by the way?

I find the Schweser mocks to be pretty poorly worded. Often there are ambiguities and questions that I have a hard time believing would be asked on the real exam based on what others have stated and my experience on level 1. My results have been all over the place which is frustrating cause I’m honestly not sure where I stand going into this thing.

Take Schweser with a grain of salt. Are you taking level 2 of the Schweser exam next Saturday? No. I’d stick with CFAI Mocks, TTs and EOC questions. Now if you take the CFAI Mocks and aren’t in the mid 60s at least then I think you might have a problem :frowning:

I took CFAI Exam A and averaged a 65. That was a couple weeks ago so going to do the 2nd one this weekend. My average on Schweser is a 68 or 69 ranging from 57 to 78 on a half of an exam. Are the TTs in the book or the ones on the CFAI website? I find the CFAI website questions to be good.

I think you’re referring to the Schweser practice exams. I finished both books one month or so ago, they are very straightforward, great for practice and confidence building.

CFAI topic questions require more care to find information, but overall straightforward with occasional mistakes.

IFT has several mistakes (old PVGO formulas, unaccounted amortization for HTM bonds), but I think they are good for practice.

CFAI Mocks (so far I’ve taken A and AM of B), I like these the most. They are reasonably challenging.

Schweser Mocks , I am saving these two days before the actual exam.

Might be a dumb question, but what is difference between Schweser practice exams and Schweser Mocks?

Practice exams are included in any package you buy from Schweser, I think. There are a total of 6 exams total, 3 from each book.

Schweser mock, however, is just one exam, and I think if you have the cheaper packages, you have to purchase it separately at $100.

I did not even know there was an additional schweser mock… I did the live one 3 weeks ago though and it was ridiculously hard. CFA mocks are the best indicator of where you’re standing imo.

I’ve done CFAI Mock A (AM: 77% & PM: 68%)

How are the Schweser mocks in relation to CFA mocks in terms of difficulty?

A little more difficult than Mock A, there are a couple very tough concept questions from AM. If you’re talking about Schweser practice exams, these are way easier compare to CFAI mocks.