When will you start studying for Level 3?

I’m thinking about starting almost right away. I want to make sure that I’m done with this beast by this time next year :slight_smile:

Probably last week of October or 1st week of November.

First week of December probably. What I want to know is what day exactly will registration be open for LIII? After they receive their results I would guess…

Probably in mid January, I personally don’t like starting too early because I’ll crash a month or two before the test. I definitely don’t want to take the exam more than once so I’m considering going all out and adding Windsor Week or doing the LevelUp Bootcamp which I’ve heard is good. Anybody have any thoughts on these or any other additional materials/courses they are looking into? Good luck to everyone and congrats!

Probably middle of January. I started studying L2 around September last year - and that was WAAAAAY too early.

I’ll be sticking with the same prep guy/course for L3

www.chalkandboard.org

I started on October 15 and PEAKED the day before the exam so I would recommend October 16.

Will be using Schweser and MM for videos. Will start as soon as I receive my CFAI notes and Schweser notes package. Anyone have a study plan ready?

I started L2 in late December and peaked out in mid April, and wasted 2 months from there trying to “retain”… For L3, I will start late January and hopefully peak out by end of May.

I plan to start with IFT videos as primers then Schweser and finish off with LevelUP Bootcamp or 3 day Schweser boot camp. Did Schweser 3 day it for level II and passed on first try. But I hear Level UP is specifically great for Level III.

Start early - you’ll have a lot of essay practicing to do once you’re done going through the material.

i used LevelUp this year - Marc is awesome and the materials he provides covers everything you need to know.

considering how the level II exam was this year, anyone considering sticking to just the curriculum ? assuming they are on a “pass rate reduction spree”, curriculum might not be a bad idea.

For L2 I started end of August and studied a little bit almost every day, but didn’t go full mode until end of Jan/Feb and had no burnout.

I live in Tokyo and ride the train to work so studying a little bit every day (ie watching a video review or something) just became habit.

I did really well on L2 so this worked for me so I’ll be starting soon.

I’m aiming to pass FRM level 2 on Nov 17 but major CBF after completing CA and Level 2. I am studying for it but i don’t really care too much if i pass or fail. Which is actually nice as i am not stressed and enjoying learning.

I will probably procrastinate in December but will make a study plan with enough time to practice AM mocks as most people fail due to time mgmt. Will probably aim to start early Jan. It is still 6 books but people say the volume is halved…

Mid-March for me.

havent touched PM subject for LII exam. i think ill take those readings first before studying LIII

Will probably start after Labor Day weekend

As soon as I finish the bottle of bourbon I bought for passing and figure out how to get back on a routine.

First weekend in January

same here. Skipped PM and AI altogether. Consulted mark meldrum suggested that just jump right into l3. Since PM portion dropped two topics for L3 and % also dropped.

Start studying? Do you guys really plan on studying for this exam?!?!

Just kidding. But more of than not when I speak face-to-face with another CFA candidate, they categorically deny that they even study or they say that they briefly take a look at the material on the weekends leading up to the exam. Or as this one smug Charterholder advised me when I had signed up for the lvl 1 exam: “start studying 2 weeks before the exam like I did. Or extend it to 3 weeks if you want to be sure to pass”.

All kidding aside, I start studying on October 1st.