Strategy for final review

Folks, just wondering what your strategy for final review is? I know from prior threads that many have been going hard at qbank. I’m trying to come up w/ a game plan to maximize the next 50 days. I should be done w/ the material in the next 10 days or so and will have 5 to 6 wks for review. At this point, I intend to do the following: 1- Take a 100 question cumulative from Qbank to identify areas of weaknesses. 2- Focus on areas of weakness by doing CFAI end of chapter problems and more Qbank in those particular areas. 3- Start with Book 6 4- Repeat step 2 from above 5- Start with CFAI exams 6- Repeat step 2 Any thoughts?

Sounds reasonable. But asking for “final review” thoughts more than a month and a half out may bit a bit much.

Yeah. I don’t like seeing threads like this right now.

I think I’m going to start with a “final review”…thanks!

it looks like a good plan, clama.

i’m just on review…i don’t think i even get to the FINAL review after the exam is over …hahaha

Sounds like a solid plan clama, I don’t think you can go wrong with that. Now that I’ve finished my last read-through of Schweser, I decided that I’m going to start reading CFAI during the week and crack away at Qbank on the weekends. Maybe 50 questions/study session? Then once i get through all the study sessions and exercise all of my blatant mistakes, I’ll move on the Schweser mock exams, then CFAI mocks. I’m thinking I should try and fit in the CFAI reading review questions as well (not the questions from actual exams), maybe that will augment the qbank work…

goes to eleven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sounds reasonable. But asking for “final review” > thoughts more than a month and a half out may bit > a bit much. You’re right, perhpas “final” is a bit too premature at this time.

Clama-if you are on your way to your final review now then your one leg has already crossed the pass mark. I have three more books to go after reading through all the first time which never printed in my mind. In my estimation I will just have two weeks of review and fine tuning.

You know, strangely enough, I’m gonna start with Book 7. I’m finishing the last SS this week, and hopefully Book 7 will scare the hell out of me so that I will spend the next 5 weeks re-studying like crazy. 2-3 weeks before the exam I’ll start doing Book 6.

we are in review #1 now… out of 10… so far away from final review :stuck_out_tongue:

my FINAL review will consist of trying to read the entire quicksheet over 5 to 7 times as I walk into the testing center, tired as hell, going off of 2 hours of sleep… and then probably again over the break… (brings back bad memories). Maybe you should somehow try to mimic that in order to better prepare yourself.

clama, a lot has been said but this is what i intend to do after a zillion time of reviewing the game plan…which plan is still subject to review. (I am yet touch econs and to conquer PM …) but when I am through 1. Read through the end of chapter summaries in all the CFAI texts + plus the examples in the text) +my personal notes captured in excel. As I go over 'The question i ask my self is…do u know this poin well enough to remember it on the exam? if yes proceed if no …step two 2. Go over tricky areas… + write down all the formuale in the text 3. Solve all the end of chapter questions. 4. Go over the tricky areas for me 5. Walk through print out of advanced questions…and in some cases intermediate questions in qbank 6. go over tricky areas 7. book 6 - finale… (i donj’t have book 7) any body to share an electronic copy? 8. eleventh minute…quick sheet + my noites in excel + my formulae book looks like we are on the same wavelength…

I’m doing my final review on June 7th…

well i got really scared seeing the thread title. so i didn’t want to read this. i’m glad i did! most of us seem to be on the same boat. I’m still learning stuff…and will probably keep reading from the text book at least till the end of this month. may onwards, ill start doing book 6 stuff and then got over only those areas from the text book that give me trouble. so yes, 1.5 months before the exam, i don’t know what you mean by “final review”. this question should be asked 2 weeks before the exam, IMO. I’m a slow coach.

I still need to finish reading PM and then go back through and solve all of the CFAI end of chapter questions, schweser challenge questions and self-tests. Then onto some nice book 6 relaxation followed by some focused review. I will be taking the BSAS exam on Many 17th and I plan to think of that as the real test. I should be able to target especially weak areas between then and June 7th.

practice exams…until i drop.

I just completed reading Schweser once, no CFAI books, but plan to do the end-of-los questions from CFAI, then simultaneously start with QBank question (41 Ques done already), then plan to buy the CFAI-Exams and then… go for the second-last review from Secret Sauce because the final review would be either between 9 to 12 or between 2 to 5 (as per the need be) when I gain access to my hidden chits … lol… I am shit scared for this exam; I might back out this time round.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. As stated before, the word “final” is a bit premature as this point, but glad to hear most of us are in the same wavelenght. My review plan is also a moving target - contingent upon how much I remember and how much I can learn again. Good luck to everyone. Let’s keep at it. Less than 50 days to go!!!

ruhi, i seem to be in the same lane as you …except…i am just wandering whether after the cfai texts, i shouldn’t go over them again before going to book 6? wad u tink: merits and demrits of going book 6 before texts vs texts again before book 6?