Thats it. I quit.

Im giving up.

yeah, me too.

what nonsense…stop it people…

I hear ya. I should probably just sell all my materials now vs. after the test when it’s worth less.

I quit a long time ago.

i did that for the last 4 days- went golfing in hilton head and watched the heritage. take a day off if you need one, relax, it’s nice out. i’m back at it today sadly. i’m sure i’ll be on the L2 forum again in '09 with my half-hearted studying thus far, but not giving up just yet. enjoy the weather and come back refreshed. on that note, break time to walk the dog. i’m reviewing FSA today in high 60’s and sunny weather here in boston. boo.

yeah, i’m kidding. and so is everyone else here (i hope). we’ll all show up. but man, what mental torture all this sh*t is!! one day i just KNOW i can pass it, other days I KNOW i’m going to get dominated on june 7th. uncertainty just f**king sucks. and i can imagine, if you put this much into it last year and had to do it again, the feeling is probably doubly intense. don’t know how my wife puts up with me.

Yeah it’s 80 over here and I’m inside studying for whatever reason. Damn golfing sounds fun right now, good for you taking a break. I don’t know which would dominate me more though. Hilton Head or Level 2 CFA exam.

Let’s hope it is HH GMofDen!

Right now going over freaking swaps/swaptions I don’t feel like I have a chance. How are your studies going mwvt9? Starting to catch up after all your setbacks? Things going better?

I will make the Quit/No-Quit decision by next week. Please bump this thread on 04/27

EDIT: To GMofDen You will get there. I am halfway through the material. I don’t really think I have a shot at passing, but there is that little bit of hope that keeps me going. It is like that line from The Matrix - “Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.” We will have to wait to find out which one. On a personal note some stuff is better. The baby is sleeping more and tax season is over so I have more time to study. I also got some more bad news this week though. A good friend of mine lost his wife this week to cancer. So I will be helping him out a bit in the coming weeks. Life is real heavy right now…but I am not trying to be a downer. Many on these boards will get it done on June 7. Keep your head down.

Damn mwvt. Sorry to hear that. When shat comes down it comes down hard. Usually bad stuff happens sequentially in 3 to’s me. If my memory and math is right that’s your 3rd & should be in the clear for another few years. Yeah head’s down and 47 more days and I honestly think you’ll pass it. If there is anything I can do to help out let me know. Ie I’ve taken hand written notes through each chapter and if you need a supplement to what you have I’ll send it over to you. Just a thought. good luck.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > “Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, > simultaneously the source of your greatest > strength and your greatest weakness.” > Keep at it mwvt, hope is the VERY last thing all of us should give up on. We just never know. Interestingly enough, in one of my searches of prior threads last week, I saw that in 2005 (I think that was the right year), the passing rate in L3 was something like 70% after a very, very low passing rate the prior year. Who knows, maybe this year the passing rate will be higher for L2 than what it was last year … again, lets HOPE so. keep at it until the very end.

“keep at it until the very end.” Especially if the end is today!

hhahaha. You’re not going to quit Caspian. You’ve studied and contributed too much to stop now. You know more than any of us. You have what 1500 posts on this forum?

GMofDen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Damn mwvt. > Sorry to hear that. When shat comes down it comes > down hard. Usually bad stuff happens sequentially > in 3 to’s me. If my memory and math is right > that’s your 3rd & should be in the clear for > another few years. Yeah head’s down and 47 more > days and I honestly think you’ll pass it. If > there is anything I can do to help out let me > know. Ie I’ve taken hand written notes through > each chapter and if you need a supplement to what > you have I’ll send it over to you. Just a > thought. good luck. Thanks for the offer…that is very generous. I may take you up on it.

Caspian, what are you doing now?

we all have… http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/xcyclonex/Dreamsicle1.jpg the cfa is mine

its like Mark Twain quitting smoking.some of us quit 20 times a day