L2 passing rate for the last three years?

Thanks

40 last year 48 the prior year

this year 34%

Why so low?

i say same as last 40%

50%

Has it been all MCs since 2004?

The pass rate will be higher this year and CFAI will say it’s because more people read the original textbooks (since they were included with the enrollement fee)… I say in the 50’s. Either way, let’s hope it’s higher.

www.google.com search: CFA Level 2 pass rates Here is the fourth result: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/pdf/candidate_results.pdf

i say the pass rate will be around 50 this year as well. they want people to think that having the cfa books helped. 48-50 is a good guess.

^^. i am not hopeful about this theory. also,i thought only schweser questions were ambiguous and CFAI questions would be crystal clear in their intention -unfortunatley this years exam has proved that theroy to be incorrect as well.

I will apply the mean reversion theory of autoregressive models (hey…gotta put it to some use) and say that the passing rate will revert to around 48%.

53%

I say 32%-42% is a good guess…

Its not mean reverting!! Its going towards zero! If you look at it closely, we never see it go up two years in a row. It went up last year, so this year it’ll be less than 40% Me guess is 35%

I think CFAI will keep passing rate around 40% because there are more candidates taking the exam each year. Of course AF passing rate will be much higher.

I think it will be higher this time, but not because of the books. If last year was the lowest pass rate ever then that means a higher % of people who are retaking this year. Which can’t help us first timers…

Aimee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think it will be higher this time, but not > because of the books. If last year was the lowest > pass rate ever then that means a higher % of > people who are retaking this year. Which can’t > help us first timers… :frowning: somebody hold me…

Somebody grab me a puke bag.

Aimee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think it will be higher this time, but not > because of the books. If last year was the lowest > pass rate ever then that means a higher % of > people who are retaking this year. Which can’t > help us first timers… I have noticed in my office, that repeat candidates are more likely to fail the second time around and the third time around etc, than those who just bust it the first time and pass each exam on the first try. Who’s to say that all the repeat takers have a better shot than the average L2 candidate? Last years exam sounds very different from this year. The 2006 exam definitely was (as shown by the schweser replica). I’m not talking about anyone on this forum. There are some repeat takers that I definitely think have a really great shot at passing. I am just speaking to what I have noticed among some of the co-workers I work with. Bottom line, I don’t think having a large amount of re-takers this year is necessarily bad (or good) news. Just means last year was hard to make the cut, not that this year will be.