Dear Level2,

did you guys get better opportunities after passing level 1 or it did not make any diffrence. Thank you in advance

if you are talking about career opportunities, the answer is no.

I suppose it looks good on my resume… but I’m currently employed and it didn’t aid in any sort of advancement. So I guess I’m going with a no as well.

no way. after all that hard work and no advancement. I mean if they do not hire CFA candidate for investment jobs who they hire? I thougth the most qualified individuals in investmenet field are the CFA candidate. What is going on ?

They hire their sons, nephews, friends of friends… and… then they get them to do CFA.

People take me more seriously when I network, but I think it is better to look at passing LI as evidence of stuff you should know rather than as a golden ticket.

Yep, we hire people for lots of reason and then ask them to go for the CFA charter. The CFA is just an exam for me, which is useful only if combined with relevant experience.

But if there are no entry level jobs in investment, how do you get experience? just curious. Looked at junior analyst ad which the entry level job in investment, and they ask for research experience, this is crazy

yep

Yup

don’t worry. you are not the only one whose crystal dreams were crushed by iron a$$ of reality :slight_smile: check LIII, and you will see that even people who passed LIII don’t have alot of offers…

Dear Level 2, Please use lube. Thank you, uejjap/darren

Keep in mind this job market stinks

uejjap Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dear Level 2, > > Please use lube. > > Thank you, > uejjap/darren Hahaha… In the spirit of uejjap: Dear Level 2, The second time hurts just as much.

Level 1 is really pretty basic. Passing the exam shows that you are somewhat serious about your desire to be in the industry and that you have a basic understanding of the fundamentals of finance. That’s about it.

budfox427 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if you are talking about career opportunities, the > answer is no. the same thing. but preparing for L1 helped at rearranging investment and finance related knowledge.

the good part of the program is that your eyes get clearer and you know what works…

Helped me get a job. Its better having passed than not. I did have to daytrade for 4 months to get some experience though before I got my current job which is the best I’ll have available for 5 years probably.

Matt, what do you do?

ssdnola Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > did you guys get better opportunities after > passing level 1 or it did not make any diffrence. > > Thank you in advance I definitely got better opportunities from hot quants girls in my office once they found out i’d got level 1 last year. But with job opportunities-nein, not so much.