anyone else get cfa random survey?

i just got a random cfa survey and started filling it in about difficulty of each subject area. then they want specific comments on why i found ethics very difficult. and i’m now fighting the urge to actually put in the comment area, “do you really genuinely care??” “will you change your exam format in the future based on any of these comments?”…i could go on but i won’t.

I wish I would’ve gotten one. I didn’t get one last year, and I failed. Boy, this blows.

just to clarify, i don’t expect them to change the exam format based on MY OWN comments. i was meaning the collective comments of all participants. presumably they’ve had the same wording problems for years and don’t have any interest in clarifying things

glendronach Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wish I would’ve gotten one. I didn’t get one > last year, and I failed. Boy, this blows. i didn’t realize the significance of your comment… is that related??

got this survey last year & I didn’t pass. this doesn’t mean anything, it is *actually* random.

shorn201 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > got this survey last year & I didn’t pass. this > doesn’t mean anything, it is *actually* random. ok, thanks…

Arguably, it’s random… They would obviously get skewed results if they only sent the survey to successful candidates (and vice versa). That being said, I personally view it as a bad omen, simply because of my experience last year. I was hoping I might get one this year.

shorn201 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > got this survey last year & I didn’t pass. this > doesn’t mean anything, it is *actually* random. Your misfortune has magically lifted my spirits. :slight_smile: Maybe there is still hope!

I got it also. I tried to echo a lot of the consensus from this board without sounding like a complainer. I think if enough people give them the same type of feedback (many core concepts got NO coverage on exam and some tertiary details got more than they deserved) they’ll give better guidance or at least better sample/mock exams. The ones we got tested all the core concepts but did not give any indication that they would test things like BOP (I’m not asking for BOP on mock, but a mock that shows that level of detail may be 2% of exam even though it’s only a paragraph or two in curriculum). I think I passed…hope I passed…well at least I have a chance of passing, so I’m happy to give them some honest feedback

it looked fishy…really weird link, so I clicked on “spam”

i dint get it last yr and i passed (level 1)

I got one before the Level II exam asking about my prepartion. I got one today asking about the Level II exam. It is a good thing they are surveying people to improve the the CFA study materials and exams in future. And yes, it is a random survey, so I do not think it means anything that a person got chosen for this.

this isn’t the same one that asked you about the actual center right? I got that a few days after the exam and I just got a response.

I got one too. Most challenging for me - Econ, CF, PM & FI Finally suggested Dec. exams for level 2 & 3

I got the survey and also summed up the comments from this board right after the exam. I basically repeatedly said that the exam shouldn’t be about semantics or trying to understand the wording of a questions. Clearly, there is enough challenging, relevant information in the 2000-plus pages of the text to test fairly. You shouldn’t have to guess what’ they’re looking for. Just my 2.

my comments were on the mock exams. i asked them if it was ethical to provide candidates same mocks and sample exams in multiple years (2007/2008).especially when you charge non trivial sums for them and advertise like they are almost the holy grail to cfa success.

One out of eight at my office got the survey. We ended up making comments together. We also made comments about wording and core concepts.

Wish I’d remembered to ask for Dec exams. I did remember to put that the CFA should only make you repeat sections you’d failed rather than retake the entire exam if you fail (similar to the CPA). They seemed particularly interested in whether you’d taken the paid CFAI mocks, and if not, why not - I told them I’d already spent quite enough on the test and didn’t see the need to spend more with them. Also that the question on balance of payments was basically double jeopardy to have two questions on the same topic - if you know how to calculate a current account then it’s pretty much certain that you can calculate the financial account and the question should have been combined into a single 2 column format question rather than penalizing twice for not knowing this.

Do they send a survey request after the results are announced. …like pls give your comments on the “readability” of the results. I would like to put up a feedback on making the results more transparent. Like giving the exact breakup of the marks.

got one this year… did it have any significance last year??