Perfect game

Definition: >70% in all topics for all three levels. I see plyon and kabhii are still on for one, but ruhi22 and I just slipped out of contention. Anyone else on for one? Obviously all CFAs are equal, but who out there is just a little more equal in their guaranteed investment performance? As you can probably tell, I slipped up on ethics…

how about under 100 hours of studying per exam only using CFAI, yet consistently over 70% on FSA, Ethics and FI and so far 2 for 2? can i join your club, at least an honourary mention?

I know Aeoloos won perfectly!

No. Otherwise we’d have to call it the “not quite perfect game club”. And it’s not mine, it’s plyon and kabhii’s :wink: You can start the “<100-hours-study-and-still-pass club” if you like but I don’t know how you’d verify the entrance requirements.

i’ve seen one perfect one in the threads…

we measure the maximum 100 hour requirement by the grin on the bastard’s face. if its as big as mine right now, they’re in.

a perfect game is particuarly impressive this year due to the Econ and PM debacle. congrats to those that pulled that off. unreal.

sure is…I got all but Econ and PM…got the 51-70% in PM which means 67% and under 50% in PM

August 2008 Level 2: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Quantitative Methods 18 - - *

so many super lurkers around,i suppose. i cant recognise many those who have posted a PASS on the results thread. out goes JDV’s hypothesis about passing probablility being correlated to number of meaningful posts on AF. look at dinesh for example . difficult to believe.

wow, good stuff. now we have two (the other one started with A and someone posted it already)

I was perfect in L1 with <100 hrs and now with ~120 hrs…I was perfect except for Ethics and Econ. As for my smile…Ear-to-Ear BABY!!!

Doesn’t this mean you spent too much time studying?

Dsylexic Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so many super lurkers around,i suppose. i cant > recognise many those who have posted a PASS on the > results thread. out goes JDV’s hypothesis about > passing probablility being correlated to number of > meaningful posts on AF. look at dinesh for > example . difficult to believe. frankly, i think there was a danger to spending too much time here. eventually i moved my laptop to a cupboard so it wasn’t so accessible.

Remember, you needed to also get >70% in all topics for Level 1, and then you need to do it again at Level III. I can’t find your level 1 results becky!

fabib Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was perfect in L1 with <100 hrs and now with > ~120 hrs…I was perfect except for Ethics and > Econ. As for my smile…Ear-to-Ear BABY!!! i was perfect in level 1 with less than 25 hours… but i put in the time for this one.

misterfridge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Doesn’t this mean you spent too much time > studying? Probably…but better safe than sorry

you’re the man fabib… good to hear there’s another in my camp :smiley: dyslexic: i don’t believe the hypothesis is out the window, a few heavy posters are bound to fail, but from what i’ve seen, the main guys, plus a bunch of the support cast (100-1000 posts), me included, passed. so if the pass rate is 60% for AFers, thats still a big deal when compared to the total pass rate of 46%. also, you have to remember that 20-30% of people who sign up for the exam do not sit for it, and i would assume that most of those people aren’t AFers, adding another aspect of AF success. hey, maybe one day Chad will be able to say: “sign up for analyst forum, historical pass rates are 10% higher for AF members, only $10/year for membership” oh Chad, we know where you’re going with this.

I’m still rockin’ it for now, although I don’t expect to sustain it in L3 with the essays.

chrismaths, my level I result is the same as level II: >70% in all topics:). But i don’t think i will pass with all above 70% in level III. I am not a native speaker of English, so the writing parts of level III are very difficult for me .