Kilo: March 21/22 Marathon Study Weekend

who’s with me? Friday night - Sunday night study marathon . . . time to get serious for this beast . . . I’m going to try to pull a 3 day delerium - I’ll try to post up questions every now and then.

since we found out we passed level 1 it’s been a marathon 4 me lol.

phillip, i am planning on having a 20 day marathon coming up next week, 5 hours a day after work… My goal is 100 hours in 20 days, and give all the reading I have done a thorough review and review all cfai questions and understand each one… I feel like this test is going to be won or lost for me in what I do in April, not the last weeks in May… Like JP says, since Jan 28th, this has been one big marathon… Only 85 hours so far, really need to pick it up…

nice - so yall are in Aliman is automatically signed up as well. . .

:wink: Is’nt it only mid march? - I would do this in May. On a separate note - I am off studying on Thu for some personal work.

Now = marathon retention May = marathon review August = marathon partying

lol, or better yet! Mar = Cardio Training Apr = Interval Training May = Marathon Training June(1 to 5) = Sprint June(6th) = PEAK performance June(remainder) = marathon partying. Aug(24th) = Felicitation

Mar = Cardio Training = => Concept checkers Apr = Interval Training = => Q - bank May = Marathon Training ==> Book 6 and tests June(1 to 5) = Sprint ==> CFAI Mock and Samples June(6th) = PEAK performance == > D-Day June(remainder) = marathon partying. Aug(24th) = Felicitation hehe… :wink:

I’m in. What’s ur target for the weekend Phillip? I’m thinking I want to get thru derivatives - dunno if that’s too ambitios tho?

c_m - Glad to see you edit your old post.

i’m in for friday night and sunday. fantasy baseball draft on saturday though. gotta defend the title.

Freakonomist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m in. Awesome >What’s ur target for the weekend Phillip? > I’m thinking I want to get thru derivatives - > dunno if that’s too ambitios tho? I’m going so slow/steady and a little behind. Instead of reading faster, I am trying to crank up the time so as not to sacrifice quality for quantity. I’m still on Corp Fin / Equity.

Ugh, so depressing. I’m in… :wink:

prob out- friend in from out of town, this might not be my best weekend ever. next week i will have some making up to do.

This thread is a pretty good motivator. I am in!

Normally I’m morally opposed to studying on Fridays, but I’ll do it… with the caveat that March Madness has veto rights after each topic review. What are you guys studying? I think I’ll be cranking on some FRA crap. Mmmm PBOs and currency translation… it turns me on just thinking about it.

Depressing AliMan…please don’t say this…you have been doing pretty amazing job. Frankly speaking, for similar schedule related posts, I always first see how much you have done and try to do atleast 50 percent of that. …Anways, since last week, I have been allocating 4-5 hours a day atleast …covering Corporate Finance along with QBanks…Today, trying to complete Merger and Acquisitions. I am totally agree with idea that March to mid April is crucial for all of us (L1 Dec 08)…You call it make or break …I call it my effort to get comfort level - which totally missing till now. I will try to finish my 2nd reading alongwith questions from everywhere. Swaptiongama…I hope i can be as smart as you are…can’t defer it till May…I am very desperate to pass as I am not sure that I will able to retain my job till July…so only light in tunnel is to pass L2 - which looks a distant wish right now. …Goodluck to everyone whatever method of study you choose…Keep working hard. This is doable with extra bit of efforts. Chow.

Even I have major plans to study this weekend. Could someone tell me, that if I have to choose between finishing (or atleast trying to) Fixed Income or Derivatives this weekend, what would be a more realistic target out of the two?

fuck

I’d say derivatives - haven’t done either but Fixed Income looks so messy. I’m hoping to get thru derivatives or at least make a huge dent in it this weekend.