What is your job?

I’m curious to know what my fellow L2-ers do for a living. I’m an Investment Analyst for a benefits administrator. I do things like performance and pricing analysis. I’m doing CFA to get into a research or PM type of role at an asset manager.

Corporate hedger… want to go to buyside via MBA

What does that mean? Corporate hedging? I also plan on doing the MBA route to get my foot in the door either buyside or sellside. fxguy1234 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Corporate hedger… want to go to buyside via MBA

Credit risk analyst for a commercial bank.

I work in corporate finance. My MBA was, unfortunately, from a non-top 20 school so I am giong the CFA route to try to make up for some less than stellar life decisions made earlier… Best, TheChad

I am a product manager for an investment management company. I don’t know why I am doing the CFA.

I’m currently an investment actuary for a consulting firm. I do (but am not limited to) asset-liability studies for pension plans.

fxguy1234 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Corporate hedger… want to go to buyside via MBA Hedge fx risk, int rate risk, etc… I’m pretty sure this was mentioned in the L2 curriculum…

I work in the operations dept. for a brokerage firm. Trying to get into an analyst role with the firm, but it’s been slim-pickings lately. by the way, what is the average age of people on this L2 forum?

i’ve seen plenty of product managers with the CFA, its pretty common. All the big shops got product managers who were former ex sell-side. cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am a product manager for an investment > management company. I don’t know why I am doing > the CFA.

what does a product manager do? slang value funds to 401k committees??

relationship manager/CFP for private wealth management. getting the designation to open more doors other than financial planning.

i am also in the Big Brother program for kids with no Dads. Sublimity is my “little.” He is such a rascal. always talking about moms and what not.

I work in the business valuation/financial services group of a Big 4

Credit Analyst / Bond Trader / Assistant Portfolio Manager for a mid-sized asset manager. I wear a lot of hats. I’ll be 30 within the year.

valuations at a HF. Trying to move into a front office role

National Bank Examiner. Specialize in regulating large bank’s CM

p&%n star…doing CFA to open some doors

Economic litigation consulting. Basically doing valuations for damages estimation in patent infringement and securities fraud cases.

janky…which one? cra/cornerstone/necg… there are only a handful of those :slight_smile: i used to work for cra about a century ago!